Moving cat between homes

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So hi guys happy new year ! I’ve not been on hear for a long time . My cat Gracie and I fine .. well I’ve actually met someone and find myself missing and worried about Gracie when I stay over his . I hate leaving her alone especially as she has had me in doors with her working all day due to lock down . I believe this has made her more clingy as before I’d go to work every day. Anyway she is a very nervous cat so I’m not sure if a good idea to start taking her with me to my partner’s place when I stay there or is she best here at home in her surroundings ? I find myself making excuses not to see him as worried about leaving her

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats do much better in familiar surroundings. I wouldn't move a cat back and forth unless I had to. Of course, she misses you, as you miss her, but cats do well on their own. Maybe you could set up a camera and see how she is doing while you are gone. cats cry for a bit when you first leave and then usually settle down. I bet she sleeps most of the time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats do much better in familiar surroundings. I wouldn't move a cat back and forth unless I had to. Of course, she misses you, as you miss her, but cats do well on their own. Maybe you could set up a camera and see how she is doing while you are gone. cats cry for a bit when you first leave and then usually settle down. I bet she sleeps most of the time!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you ! In retrospect I think I will leave her here as you say when I stay there . I only go for the night if I do , and she’s fed , watered with clean litter when I do ! She now has me home during the day working so I suspect it’s better than before when I was at work in the office 9 - 5 !

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Any reason he can't stay at your place, at least part of the time? I assume he already spends some time at your place anyway, so he and Gracie know each other. If not, something to consider - getting them acclimated to each other and then once that is done, he and you can 'trade off' where you stay.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. Any reason he can't stay at your place, at least part of the time? I assume he already spends some time at your place anyway, so he and Gracie know each other. If not, something to consider - getting them acclimated to each other and then once that is done, he and you can 'trade off' where you stay.
Well I spend most time at this (he has a bigger place). He reckons he doesn’t like cats . Irony is she is okay with him - all other people she hides from . I’ve already said she comes first so if he wants me he will need to have her too 😀

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many men feel that way, but the more he is around cats the more he will grow to love them. My husband was the same way, but thank goodness he grew up with cats, so he was just indifferent to them when we met. Now, many years later, he is a firm cat lover. I've seen him cry like a baby (don't tell anyone I said that) when one of them passes. He talks to our cats all the time now too, and plays with them often. He complains still when a new stray shows up, but not for long.......