Movies

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this is the right section for this. I wanted to know what  is your favorite movie of all time?

I think my has to be Misery by Stephen King His movies are fantastic.  As you can tell I'm into horror movies. The more the scary the better. 

dejolane

elvedee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind! It's so awesome. It's an arthouse and I highly recommend it to everyone and anyone!

I enjoyed Misery also, but I'm not sure if that means you are likely to enjoy Eternal Sunshine hahaha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you talking about the movie with Jim Carrey I did like it

dejolane

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love a good horror movie, LOVE the Saw movies, but my FAVORITE movie of all time is Labyrinth with David Bowie!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what  is your favorite movie of all time?
There are several on my list. But given that you asked for ONE movie, I'll have to give you 2. Unfortunately both fall so close together that I can't say which of the 2 is my most favourite.

Fantastic Voyage

I love this one because given the time that this movie was made, their special effects were pretty good.

Fargo

Just plain good acting without any special effects to overshadow the acting.

aaro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My life is one big Fargo.

Not the murder and intrigue, just the location. Lol I'm a New Mexican expatriate living in the deep Northland.

You may or may not have seen this, but it's certainly worth sharing:

As far as favorite movies, for me...

Lord of the Rings Trilogy (I will count it as one movie!)

I am a sucker for high fantasy. :)

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't give you just one, sorry.

I love The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and I love Gladiator.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was both versions by Stephen King ? Jack Nicholson  or the other one ?

dejolane

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a couple:

Session 9.  That is a so underrated movie its not funny.

Tremors.  I can watch that move over and over.

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.  Not for everyone.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Silence of the Lambs is my all time favorite. I'm not big on horror but Jodie Foster is so fantastic in that movie I never get tired of it.

My "current favorite" is Big Miracle. It probably will eventually be considered very closely below, if not tied for, first, with The Silence of the Lambs. I've watched it 3 times, and Drew Barrymore's performance fascinates me more each time I watch it. I love that movie. I love Drew Barrymore in that movie.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a whole whack of favourites, all different genres. If forced, I would releuctantly say The Villain, a little known Kirk Douglas vehicle and also one of Schwartzenagger's first appearances in a domestic offering. My current favourite is RED with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and Helen MIrren - the perfect mix of comedy violence and explosions to keep me happily watching.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this is the right section for this. I wanted to know what  is your favorite movie of all time?

I think my has to be Misery by Stephen King His movies are fantastic.  As you can tell I'm into horror movies. The more the scary the better. 

dejolane
If you like horror, you may like the new TV show coming out called The Following starring Kevin Bacon.  It sounds like a real slice and dice show so I won't be watching it.  You may enjoy it tho.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite movie has to be The Godfather.  I read the book back in the 70's and saw the movie many times after that.  Since then I have watched it so many times on TV.  Also loved the Shawshank Redemption. 

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LaRussa,

Yes I do love horror movies and I will give The Following a look at. On 3-18-13 Bates Motel will be coming on A&E I can't wait to see it.

dejolane

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was both versions by Stephen King ? Jack Nicholson  or the other one ?

dejolane
Yeah, both were based on the Stephen King book - the first was directed by Stanley Kubrick, and considered a classic, although I didn't like it. I love the book so much, and my feeling was, the way it was directed, I could never believe Jack Nicholson as sane enough to go crazy.... he seemed whacko from the very beginning, and totally ruined it for me.

The other one was a made-for-tv movie, staring Steven Weber as Jack Torrance - much better, in my mind.

Anyway, my favorite movie of all time is Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I loved it from the first time, when I saw it in the theatre - I was mezmerized by what Spielberg had done. He's my favorite film director - and I can sit and watch Close Encounters..... and practically say every line, and it still hypnotizes me.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tough but I'll go with "Evita" with Madonna and Antonio Banderas. Most of it revolves around:
- right & wrong & everything in between
- Why do we exist?
- What is love?
- Can someone's spirit be so strong that it transcends even death?

I love this movie and the songs are so well-written. The playwright traveled to Argentina around 40 years ago after being mesmerized by a documentary about the real Eva Duarte de Perón.

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Silence of the Lambs is my all time favorite. I'm not big on horror but Jodie Foster is so fantastic in that movie I never get tired of it.

My "current favorite" is Big Miracle. It probably will eventually be considered very closely below, if not tied for, first, with The Silence of the Lambs. I've watched it 3 times, and Drew Barrymore's performance fascinates me more each time I watch it. I love that movie. I love Drew Barrymore in that movie.
I just remembered my other favorite. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Rats. Oh no. And Terms of Endearment. Well I can't just name one!

Fun thread. :)