Movie "kedi" About Feral Kitties - Anyone Seen?

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Saw the trailer the other day for a movie called "Kedi" from 2016. It's a Turkish documentary available on Amazon video (it was only available at theaters when I saw the trailer, and it never made to my little midwestern city) and is described like this:

"In the city of Istanbul, there are more than just human inhabitants. There are also the stray domestic cats of the city who live free but have complicated relationships with the people themselves. This film follows a selection of individual cats as they live their own lives in Istanbul with their own distinctive personalities."

Needless to say it caught my eye because I don't see many movies (documentaries or otherwise) about feral kitties! Would love to hear if anyone's seen it, and if so, what they think. I know many many countries feel VERY different then the US, which can sometimes make for difficult viewing for ultra sensitive, easy criers like me (although don't know if they there any difficult scenes or not). But everything I've read about this documentary does seem to point at it being sensitive regarding the feral kitties. So if anyone's seen it - - -would love to know their thoughts!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen it and truly enjoyed it. The cats shown aren't true ferals, but semi-ferals and - presumably - strays that have a lot of interaction with humans. They're fed, petted, vetted and loved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well jcat jcat - that's good enough for me! You hooked me with "fed, petted, vetted and loved!) - -looks like next weekends' movie night is planned already!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to see it. Where in Ohio are you? It played in Cleveland I know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're inToledo -- don't think it played here (we were watching for it). But we saw that it's going to be carried online - -so we 'll find it somewhere!