Mouth Cancer, Struggling With The Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bishbosh77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all sorry I've not replied but Thank you for all your kind words. Hedges has been to the vet this week and we discussed a welfare plan for him. He saw the vet Tuesday and Thursday and it looks like Saturday Will be the day my beloved boy will be put to sleep. His tumour has grown and is now just starting to grow in the throat. Whilst he's still eating and drinking etc and enjoying fussing, I'm not waiting until he's in pain with retching etc. The time is right and the new vet (my old one left) said he couldnt believe what good condition Hedges is in for 18 and with fiv, early kidney disease and the oral cancer. I feel good in knowing I've given him a fantastic life but it's time to let him go. I'm going to hold him whilst it happens as I don't want him to be alone. He'll come home and we will bury him. Our 10 year old will help with a little ceremony so he can feel part of the process and it will help him understand. Hedges is sat on my knee now and I feel he almost knows. Thank you again everyone and I'll update when I feel I can. xx

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel good in knowing I've given him a fantastic life but it's time to let him go.
This is the core of the message and the meaning of your love for him!
Yes, you're doing the right thing at the right moment. If I'm allowed to give you a bit of advice, can you arrange the vet to come over to have Hedges put to sleep in his own environment, without the stress and the fear of him being in a cold and scaring place?
I'll be thinking of you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bishbosh77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all

Well, yesterday I had to say goodbye to my gorgeous boy. The vet was fantastic, my boy had a sedative first to relax him and I held and stroked him through the final injection and moments until he passed away. I'm heartbroken, keep waiting for him to demand feeding, or to sit on my laptop whilst I use it. I never thought I'd feel so sad, a part of me has gone with him. We have brought him home and buried him in our rear garden in his favourite bedding, with his favourite treat, his toy mouse, a drawing by my son and a note from me. I hope he's off chasing mice again. He's left major paw prints on me. I hope it gets easier soon because I've cried so much. RIP my beautiful Hedges ❤❤❤❤

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your beautiful Hedges is free of pain now, and is thankful for giving him a world of love and protection.
I know how bad it hurts now, because I had felt that pain a year ago, and I'm still feeling it every day!
RIP Hedges, run free now :(

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So very sorry to read this news. We'll close the thread now out of respect for your loss, and we invite you to post a tribute to your sweet boy in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.