Mouser cat food!

orlynbrandon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So far my cat has tried the chicken & the rabbit ones & LOVES it. It def has a stronger smell which is perfect for my senior cat. Their sense of smell starts to go & they get less interested in food unless it’s a little stinky - or at least that’s what’s going on with mine I think.

I was having to add Rawz shredded chicken w/ mussels on top of the Rawz pate (or chicken baby food) to get her interested in eating (bc the pate didn’t smell but the shredded stuff reeks).

So far I haven’t had to do that with the Mouser, she’s eating it alone.
I haven’t noticed any smelly stools or anything bad after she started it. I think it looks & smells terrible but she loves it so whatever lol

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I would feel comfortable feeding this to my cat. I get cats eat rodents and vermin in the wild but it just has an ick factor to it. Pinkies aren't as bad but still....

I don't know...

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It's all pate so any crunchy bits have been turned to mush. I haven't done the math to figure out the carbs yet (I'm too busy being excited) but I'm pretty confident carbs will be low. The can also had a lot of juice (not weird gummy stuff!) around the pate so it seemed very hydrating.
I don't even want to think of crunching on a mouse! Would mixing in a bland food help with the smell?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It does only matter if your cat likes it. Just have a wild imagination sometimes:flail:I will check it out!

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Mouser was available at a small pet store where I shop sometimes. I tried it --well, I didn't try it, :lol: I got it for the cats, but neither of them liked it.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Any more news about mouse cat food? I haven’t had a chance to test it out.

jersharocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This food made both of my cats sick. They threw it all up about half an hour after eating. I was so sad because it seemed like a great food but it obviously doesn't mesh well with my cats. :(

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you gradually transition them over to the new food? It can take as long as 7 days to do.

jersharocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you gradually transition them over to the new food? It can take as long as 7 days to do.
I gave them a small amount, like a tablespoon of it, with their regular food. They gobbled everything up and then they threw up about 30 minutes later. I haven't had the heart to try again, I figured if they got sick with that small of an amount, there's probably something with it that just doesn't agree with them.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, drat, I'm sorry! I know what you mean, it's so frustrating when you think/hope you've got something :vibes::heartshape:

Marley&Luna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just ordered a can to try. I can’t see if it’s All Life Stages or not. I’ll have a kitten until April 2023. But if not, we’ll try as a treat.