Mouser cat food!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It IS a very different kind of cat food! I wonder if she might like a different version of it? I would suggest my Farmina quail and pumpkin, but it’s hard for me to say, since I think due to Pred Zorro would eat…you name it! Farmina has kept his poos steady and regular and he gives it five stars! I still think MAYbe your idea of not giving into her snubbing will see that dish clean….worth a try!
It’s heartbreaking watching her snub meals now. I can either give her the I/D she loves which is likely not good for her, the rabbit she loves which will be gone forever in four cans, or essentially starve her into the rabbit she doesn’t love. She did eventually eat the small amount of Mouser I left her. But I think that was just hunger and time. I don’t think there was much enjoyment like before. I mean she really enjoyed it before. 😿😔

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s heartbreaking watching her snub meals now. I can either give her the I/D she loves which is likely not good for her, the rabbit she loves which will be gone forever in four cans, or essentially starve her into the rabbit she doesn’t love. She did eventually eat the small amount of Mouser I left her. But I think that was just hunger and time. I don’t think there was much enjoyment like before. I mean she really enjoyed it before. 😿😔
My heart aches for you. Sorry you are having so many struggles.

Bill

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, my boy did not like any of the four flavors. I purchased two cans of each flavor to give it a second try if he didn’t like it at first. He did eat a couple of bites of the duck and mouse flavor the first time, but that was all. All the other flavors he wouldn’t even try. When I’d set his bowl down he’d go up to the bowl, then turn and give me “the look” and walk away. I was so hopeful as I can’t get him off the Fussie Cat fish and he needs more variety in his diet.

We live on the edge of a greenbelt and all flavors were a big hit with the foxes, raccoons and coyotes as I didn’t want the food to go to waste. At least something appreciated it!

The food doesn’t smell any different than other canned cat food. No weird smell.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes it takes cats a few snubs to at least try the food. Mixing a teeny bit of new food and adding toppers to it often helps get a cat to at least give it a try.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That’s too bad! Have you tried Rawz for him?
Yes, most of the flavors and a little of every other brand except Fancy Feast. We had older cats (that have since passed away) that were addicted to Fancy Feast and I don't want to start that again since some flavors are hard to get now.

He's just really, really picky. He was a trapped stray/feral before we adopted him and we thought he'd eat anything. Ha!!! no. He eats a lot - 15 -16 oz of canned a day (no dry). Occasionally he'll lick the gravy out of the Fussie Cat shredded chicken and duck. I know all that fish is not good for him. Vet says it's ok as long as it's a balanced diet. One thing I have noticed is since he eats all canned he pees more than my other cats who would eat canned plus dry. He rarely drinks any of the water I have out for him.

He's probably thinking how well trained his humans are to cater to what he wants to eat. :lol:

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes it takes cats a few snubs to at least try the food. Mixing a teeny bit of new food and adding toppers to it often helps get a cat to at least give it a try.
That's something I've not tried yet. I'll add some of the Fussie Cat anchovies (his favorite) to new food to see if I can get him to eat it . I've got to get him off all that fish. Thank you for the tip!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've got to get him off all that fish
Not to sidetrack from the original intent of the thread, but this is information you may find helpful;

Safe to feed canned salmon once week ?

Back to the thread subject :) I'm hanging on to the cans of Mouser I got. Poppycat can't have it at the moment (one of the minerals is too high), but we'll see in the future:)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's odd: we're going through the second round (second set of three cans, one each of duck, turkey, and chicken) of Mouser now and the cats seem to like it more this time. We're still on duck but that was the one they liked least in the first round. It's rich/satiating so one can is three small portions for them, and I can feed it over three days. They'll eat it the leftovers.