Mother son

Donna Mellott

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My momma 😺 has started growling at her baby boy they have been all loving awesome together I had the baby fixed Friday morning and she has been very nasty to him all morning and last night will she come out of it, is it because of the smell from the vet? When I had mama fixed baby boy had no problem with her when she came home from the smell. Thamks

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It can be kind of random. Some cats are more sensitive to smell changes than others, maybe momma is one of the sensitive ones. However, spay/neuter is a lot more likely to be a problem than a random trip to the vet, because with the spay/neuter they spend hours in the recovery room and have lots of time to absorb scents from other animals. And of course, the antisceptic and such could be relevant too not sure. So hopefully momma won't be troubled if the baby goes to a random trip to the vet at a future date (although that does happen with some sensitive cats).

The blanket is good advice. Every now and then, some cats also require a separation for a time, usually short, like for a reset.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Donna Mellott

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It can be kind of random. Some cats are more sensitive to smell changes than others, maybe momma is one of the sensitive ones. However, spay/neuter is a lot more likely to be a problem than a random trip to the vet, because with the spay/neuter they spend hours in the recovery room and have lots of time to absorb scents from other animals. And of course, the antisceptic and such could be relevant too not sure. So hopefully momma won't be troubled if the baby goes to a random trip to the vet at a future date (although that does happen with some sensitive cats).

The blanket is good advice. Every now and then, some cats also require a separation for a time, usually short, like for a reset.
Thank U. Have a great day stay safe