Mother Cat Smothered One Of Her Babies. Ignores The Rest Of The Litter Now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Teddy777

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? We can help you find a low-cost spay/neuter clinic near you (or possibly free -- both of my kittens' surgeries were done at no cost to me because of a grant program in my area).
You can't help me as I live in a third world country where pets are seen as luxuries and vets see them as a means to riches. I am trying to move to US as soon as possible.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some. . .I think someone called them government vets? And some decent vets around the embassies, if you live in/near a capital city. There may also be some animal welfare charities in the area that can point you to a good vet.

But even if you can't find a better vet, even a fairly crummy vet ought to be able to handle castrating a cat. . .so you could just have the males done at this point. It's a comparatively minor procedure, not like spaying the females. Cheaper too.

Teddy777

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are some. . .I think someone called them government vets? And some decent vets around the embassies, if you live in/near a capital city. There may also be some animal welfare charities in the area that can point you to a good vet.

But even if you can't find a better vet, even a fairly crummy vet ought to be able to handle castrating a cat. . .so you could just have the males done at this point. It's a comparatively minor procedure, not like spaying the females. Cheaper too.
Thank you Willowy! My friend promised to find a decent vet so that I can fix all the boys. I want to find a vet or a pet clinic that isn't desperate enough to harm my Cats to complicate matters in order to earn more money. They do that to humans here and I don't want anyone with bad intentions touching my Cats.

I lived in a metropolitan city before moving to the current city (in 2015) to help my Dad with his land development business. Though it's one of the largest cities in the country, it makes me feel like being in a town. We get the nice stuff and services but it's depressing as women cannot go out and do things on their own without being followed and stalked. No morning walks for me anymore. That must tell how primitive people are and why I don't trust the vets here.

Teddy777

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi

How long does it take for a Mommy Cat to produce milk after feeding the kittens? If she feeds, let's say, at 6 am, when will she be ready to feed again.

I tried to search the net in vain. I don't know how milk secretion works and the wikipedia article shows scary human breasts. Please help me. I have to know this as my Cat feeds her older litter when I allow her to see them. I get worried that they drink all the milk as her nipples look sharp (not swollen).

Thank you!