Mother cat and kitten missing for 2 weeks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. One of my highly sensitive cats, Navi, has been displaced outside now for about a week. We just went through this a few months ago and she was outside for 26 days before I was able to finally see her and catch her. My husband accidentally let her out that time and he did it again this time. I'm dumbfounded and have so many strong and painful emotions that I'm trying to manage. Anger at him, sadness that she's gone, frustration at the situation and not knowing, guilt that I didn't protect her. Etc. So I understand and hope you can find some peace no matter what happens. :grouphug:. Hugs.
I know.. Only we pet parents can understand how it feels like...the pain and fear. It's horrible. I try so hard to stay strong but soon it feels like my emotions hitting me all at one time. But what I've learnt now is I should keep my emotions, fears and prejudices aside and should search for my girls with a positive mind.
Keep your faith and search for your little one. I hope you find your Navi soon ❤.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah you are right they are people like me here.. not many but sure they are.
And, it would seem very likely that it is one of those people - who are like you - that are taking care of your babies and not saying a word to anyone else about it, because of all those other type people! If/when you run into more of them, and they see you care as much as they do, you just might find Pinky and Lucky being very well taken care of!

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Somebody called me just now.. said they have spotted Pinky... Near fisherman colony. It's midnight now in India. I cannot go alone there at this hour. Asked him to click a pic of that cat. He said the cat looked like the cat in the picture and people over there tried to catch that cat and she ran away. I wrote clearly on the flier to not chase the cats if they spotted them. If they shown the picture of Pinky and Lucky.. I'll give them the reward money. But still they tried to grab the cat. Poor kitty (Pinky or not) must have been very scared of all the sudden attention.
Tomorrow morning I'm going to go there and search for her. Let's Hope it is Pinky 🤞

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Somebody commented this 👇 on my fb post. I messaged this person to show me the pics of the cats but he/she is not responding.
And some people are asking me 3 - 5 $ just for sharing my post. These people are just trying to extort money from me. No real concern. This is extremely painful.

Attachments

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how I hope and pray that your precious kitties are home soon! I like your flyer - you did an excellent job in designing it. Prayers and vibes from California for Pinky and Lucky's safe return :vibes::vibes::vibes:
Keep up the good work :soldier:

sarah430

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Somebody commented this 👇 on my fb post. I messaged this person to show me the pics of the cats but he/she is not responding.
And some people are asking me 3 - 5 $ just for sharing my post. These people are just trying to extort money from me. No real concern. This is extremely painful.
I'm sorry. People can be terrible. Sending hugs and lots of positive thoughts that your kitties come back to you.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ignore those people. Lost pet ads invariably appeal to the mean spirited and you always encounter a few of them. Still hoping that the kitties are safely found.
Yeah I'm trying my best to ignore. But subconsciously these people and their mentality makes me feel insecure. And this isn't even mean. If I say what some people said to me you guys will get shocked. I don't even want to share such filth. When I see such people I feel very scared. Their laughs, mannerisms.. very disturbing. You know, I kinda lose hope on humanity. Really, I'm feeling very insecure right now. Even most of the people who are being technically 'nice' to me are saying stuff like
"you can't find your cat".. "where do u find them". (I wanted to ask them.. oh you know astrology. Or do you think you are god?)
"People here are thinking you are mad to do all this for 'just a cat' " ( And the funny thing is this guy proclaimed himself as an Animal Lover.. Lol)
"Who will spend so much on a 'Cat'.. It isn't even a 'dog' ". ( Yeah I should love only dogs.. because you said so. Huh!)
"For how much did you buy that cat?" I said it is an Indian Cat and she said "what.. this is surprising" ( Hello mam, do you know there is something called Love? )
"If a young woman is "roaming" on roads like this what do people think of you. You are bringing bad name to your parents." (Really 🙄 , I don't think so mam. Better change your mindset). I said to her my mom told me to go search for the cats. just to shut her big fat mouth.
The most senseless one is this
" Why do you like cats. Does it have any color, smell or taste" (I was like what the heck.. I really don't know what does he even mean by that.)
And the worst one. This is disturbing.
"I will eat the cats.. (said this again n again) what do you think of yourself. Here humans are suffering and you worry about cats." (This gave me chills. If I had powers I would have locked him up for life. I know Indians are mean to cats. But they don't ever think of doing anything like this to them. This fellow is an antisocial.)
Sometimes, I just want to burst out at them. I'm simply controlling myself. This is how approx. 98 percent people are behaving with me.
Yes, there are some good people who showed real concern and felt bad for what all had happened. Few people called me to know whether I found them or not. When I said I didn't find them yet.. they said some very nice things to me. I'm very grateful to them. All I need now is some support and positive vibes. That will give me strength. Because Searching for my cats.. it isn't even a choice.. I have to get them back home.

Last edited:

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Few minutes ago someone came to my home. (I don't know how he knew my home. I have seen him following me two days ago). He was drunk and asking me for money. He said he searched for the cats and demanding money from me. I said I won't give. He went around my home and checked it. He noticed that I have other cats too. I shouted at him and told him to leave. This is becoming dangerous. Now my mom is also not there in my home. She'll probably come next week. How should I go outside to search for my cats leaving all my other cats in the home alone. I don't know what to do now. I feel very scared. I knew about people over here.. I envisioned it'll attract such kind of filthy minds when I kept the reward amount. so I bought a cctv few days ago but didn't fix it yet.
I feel very helpless. I just want Pinky and Lucky back to me. I want my babies to be safe with me. Is it too much to ask for? Why are there so many obstacles? What wrong did I do?

Last edited:

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG. Unbelievable how some people can be. My prayers that you can find your missing kitties safe and your other cats stay safe….along with you and your mom. Have you contacted the police or would they just pass the whole thing off?
Are your other cats kept inside? I would definitely bring them inside if possible.
🙏🏻🙏🏻

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You did nothing wrong to have caused all this. Please don't start to think that way. As for what is going on right now, you have to consider your own safety above all else even if you don't want to. It is sometimes a good idea NOT to offer money for sightings as it will bring people out of nowhere who think that you will be gullible or desperate enough to give money for some vague account of having seen a cat which could be done from a description which anyone could get from a missing poster. A woman in my neighborhood who is very desperate to get her cat back has also found out that offering money for sightings was not the way to go.

If you feel that you are in danger, and I agree with you that this all sounds quite scary, you have to protect yourself and care for your other cats. At least let this die down and see if things seem safer in a few days. If this is potentially going to get worse, contact the police, alert a neighbor that people are coming to your house, something to make yourself safer.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh my God!- What is wrong with people?!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Few minutes ago someone came to my home. (I don't know how he knew my home. I have seen him following me two days ago). He was drunk and asking me for money. He said he searched for the cats and demanding money from me. I said I won't give. He went around my home and checked it. He noticed that I have other cats too. I shouted at him and told him to leave. This is becoming dangerous. Now my mom is also not there in my home. She'll probably come next week. How should I go outside to search for my cats leaving all my other cats in the home alone. I don't know what to do now. I feel very scared. I knew about people over here.. I envisioned it'll attract such kind of filthy minds when I kept the reward amount. so I bought a cctv few days ago but didn't fix it yet.
I feel very helpless. I just want Pinky and Lucky back to me. I want my babies to be safe with me. Is it too much to ask for? Why are there so many obstacles? What wrong did I do?
You did nothing wrong. These people are guilty of exhortation and the one guy is a menacing stalker.
There was a famous case years ago in this country where a little boy left to go to school and never came back. The parents opened up a tip line out of their home and many of the calls were taunting and hateful. My own species never fails to shock me.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: :grouphug: :vibes: You are doing a good job of being brave and we are proud of you. During these pandemic times, people are scared and selfish - they lash out at caring people because people who are like them have no sympathy or concern. There is a saying here in the West that "lonely are the brave"; it is easy for the scared people to band together just like scared chickens or a frightened flock of sheep. Fortunately, there are other brave and noble people just like you and you will find them at TCS
Please follow fionasmom fionasmom 's advice. Take care of yourself and your remaining cats. I am praying for you and your precious kitties & their safe return.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wanted to attach the fliers all around this place in every street upto a mile distance. But now I'm not able to get out of my home. This is terrible. And people are avoiding me when I needed them the most. woww!! These are the same people who share all their troubles with me and I literally fought for them. Now All I asked them was to babysit for a few hours. They said no without any hesitation. It isn't about pandemic because they are vaccinated. They just refused to help me. I can't stop myself and asked them I helped you guys a lot. Do you even remember any of that? What they said was "I didn't ask you for your help. You did it on your own". They taught me a good lesson. Okay I'll leave it.. It isn't even important for me. My only concern is my babies now. Rest I don't care and they don't shock me anymore.

I love Pinky and Lucky.. I cannot leave them just like that. Oh God! PLEASE GIVE THEM BACK TO ME. I BEG YOU.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright::vibes::grouphug: it is heartbreaking thay you are feeling so isolated. I pray that Pinky and Lucky are together, and okay, and that they will soon come home. Waiting and wondering is the hardest part of all. No matter how long it takes, we mustn't stop hoping.
I had a cat who once belonged to my high school best friend come to my mom's house after 11 years. When I was still living at home with my parents, I kept the cat and her mother cat for 2 weeks while my friend went on a vacation. My friend eventually got a divorce and moved away, giving the cats to an elderly friend. After the elderly friend died, the remaining cat (the mother cat had already died of old age) travelled to my mom's front porch! I had not seen that cat in years but the cat remembered me. She had to travel miles across the desert and river bottoms, all wilderness filled with many dangers - cougars, coyotes, bears, snakes, eagles and hawks! My friend's ex,-husband had remarried to a nice lady with two little girls who were so happy to have a cat! When the man first heard it, he didn't think it could possibly be the cat from so long ago until he drove to our house to see. He called "Joshiee" and the kitty came running so happy, jumped into his arms, purring and rubbing her face all over him.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to attach the fliers all around this place in every street upto a mile distance. But now I'm not able to get out of my home. This is terrible. And people are avoiding me when I needed them the most. woww!! These are the same people who share all their troubles with me and I literally fought for them. Now All I asked them was to babysit for a few hours. They said no without any hesitation. It isn't about pandemic because they are vaccinated. They just refused to help me. I can't stop myself and asked them I helped you guys a lot. Do you even remember any of that? What they said was "I didn't ask you for your help. You did it on your own". They taught me a good lesson. Okay I'll leave it.. It isn't even important for me. My only concern is my babies now. Rest I don't care and they don't shock me anymore.

I love Pinky and Lucky.. I cannot leave them just like that. Oh God! PLEASE GIVE THEM BACK TO ME. I BEG YOU.

Babysit who- your mother? Does her insurance allow for a visiting nurse?
Forget those people, they sound like they're good friends with the people in my neighborhood. I am still not convinced that the one next door didn't napped Inky and just two days ago she threatened another one of my cats.

SeanS

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Any update?