Mother cat and kitten missing for 2 weeks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm distributing the fliers and informing people living in the ground floor in all these houses and apartments. Should I inform people living in all the floors?

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you put out any traps yet?
I searched online for the traps. There are only rodent traps available in my country. For animal traps I have to import it. In shelter homes they don't use any traps in our country. They catch the animal and take them to their rescue homes.

How about putting out a blanket or towel that they may have laid on.
They were washed. Where should I keep their bed? They both sleep on the same bed.
I don't know if there are shelters where you live, but if there are, please keep in constant contact with them.
I informed the veterinary hospitals and clinics in my area. They posted the flier in their social networking groups. But there are no shelter homes nearby.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Are these huge multi story buildings? It is logical that people who live on other floors probably exit the building and might see something. Can you get permission to put a flyer up on the other floors?

If you put the bed outside, try to keep it near your house as you want them to return to where you are.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hang in there! You are getting good advice. I did want to add something about a personal experience in the hopes it will make you realize that your cat/kitten are probably doing OK, where ever they are. As jefferd18 jefferd18 said -
Cats who know one another tend to stay together.
A while back a stray appeared in my neighborhood, very shy, but ended up eating what we would put out for her. The next thing we know, this stray 'introduced' us to her sister (or baby?) and she would come to eat too. This stray would not let sister/baby out of her sight. She would chase after her and bring her back to my neighbor's house where they were hiding out. The mom/older sister took care of her the whole time they stayed as strays in the backyard of my neighbor. We never found the owner (think they might have been dumped), but we cared for them even through the mom-sister ended up getting pregnant (again). Even then, mom-sister still took care of the younger one while she also took care of her new babies. They have since all found loving homes.

So, I feel your mama is taking care of her baby - where ever they are. Keep the faith.

EDIT: I am so sorry you caught COVID-19, but grateful to hear you are on the mend!

Last edited:

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are these huge multi story buildings? It is logical that people who live on other floors probably exit the building and might see something. Can you get permission to put a flyer up on the other floors?

If you put the bed outside, try to keep it near your house as you want them to return to where you are.
There will be appx. 20 - 25 flats in each building. I'll ask them today if they give me permission I'll attach the fliers in each floor near the lift and staircase.

I kept their bed near my front door.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
There will be appx. 20 - 25 flats in each building. I'll ask them today if they give me permission I'll attach the fliers in each floor near the lift and staircase.

I kept their bed near my front door.
Sounds like you are doing everything you need to do. Repetition is your best weapon, keep asking everyone every couple of days, keep putting fliers out.
Is there a local paper that can run your ad? When I lived in Alaska there was one local radio station that would announce lost pets, their descriptions, where they were last seen and the contact information of the owner at least twice a day. Do you have such a system where you live? Are you able to look for them at night? How well does mom cat or baby know their name?

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
How are you doing?
jefferd18 jefferd18 fionasmom fionasmom FeebysOwner FeebysOwner
I didn't find them yet. But I keep informing people and searching for them. Hoping they are still alive and I will find them.
And Sorry for the late update. I was hospitalized again two times in these 10 days. That's why I didn't update y'all.
I didn't search for them in the south direction. Tomorrow I'm going to be discharged. I will go to search for them in the south direction and inform people over there.
I have asked these street cleaners. They said they haven't picked up any cats and there haven't been any accidents last month. So you think they are still alive? If anything terrible had happened to them.. somebody should have seen it no?
Every night I'm getting dreams of Pinky and lucky coming home. I feel very sad and disappointed when I wake up. I just want my babies back.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So sorry you had to be re-hospitalized, but glad you are being discharged! Good news from the street cleaners, so that is positive. I am guessing maybe someone might be feeding them and perhaps even given them a place to stay. Take care of yourself, and don't lose hope!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I also hope that you make a complete recovery this time. It is good news that the street cleaners have not found any cats, so it certainly could be that someone is feeding them and they feel secure there for the time being.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
fionasmom fionasmom FeebysOwner FeebysOwner jefferd18 jefferd18
Today somebody told me he has seen Lucky a month ago. She was hiding under his car but he didn't see Pinky. This place is about 170 mts. away from my home. I enquired people over there.. They said nothing had happened to any cat at their place. And they haven't seen my cats. I don't understand nobody has seen my cats. They just vanished somehow. This feeling is terrible.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
170 mts? Not sure how far away that is, but so many people mistake one cat for another - I see it all the time on our Lost & Found web sites. Still think Lucky & Pinky would be closer to home hiding out or being fed by someone around the area.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Is that meters, so they were seen not that far away? And yes, people do mistake cats on rescue sites and posters. But they may be in your general area which is a little hopeful.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been 40 days since they have been lost. When I go searching for Pinky and Lucky I see these feral cats which I feed in my backyard. They all are in the 3 block radius. It is so strange that I can't find Pinky & Lucky anywhere. They both were complete indoor cats. How far did they go? Are they alive or not? These questions are killing me inside. It's been so many days they can't be hiding still. They have to come out of their hiding spot and search for food like all other street cats if they are alive. Then how is it possible that nobody has seen them.

I attached fliers on streets. Handed them to hundreds of people till now. Most of them are not even allowing me to check their backyards due to the pandemic. They are acting very mean & rude. What should I do if people won't help me? I can't be in every street 24/7. I don't understand anything. Nothing is working. I have to think of something else. Searching for missing cats is extremely hard and painful.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are you in constant contact with the vet hospitals/clinics/rescue homes? Sometimes if you don't repeatedly reach out to them, they figure the owner has lost interest and they go about finding another home or place for the cats/kittens.

I truly think someone has your cats. I know that doesn't help you to get them back, but at least you might feel better knowing that someone is caring for them. It might even be that there are those who saw that you were 'missing' (when you were in the hospital) and perhaps thought the cats had been abandoned. I would replace the flyers as needed, and continually call the vet hospitals/clinics/rescue center, asking them over and over again if they have seen your cat/kitten.

If children are allowed outside during this lockdown, I would also talk to as many of them if you can, and encourage them to help you look for your cat/kitten. Maybe even give them flyers? Children can be a great source of help when it comes to pets/animals. Just don't get yourself into any trouble with their parents.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have to agree that I think that someone has them. There is a situation currently in my neighborhood of an indoor only cat who fell from the balcony of the second floor and has disappeared entirely. I think that someone has that cat as well. Given the troubles facing your area right now, someone might have noticed that they appeared to be cared for pets and took them in. Are you in any position to offer a reward?

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are you in constant contact with the vet hospitals/clinics/rescue homes?
There are no rescue homes near my place. The vet hospitals they don't care about lost pets. But I did inform few clinics near me. They acted like what could we do.. They don't care.

India is a worst place for cats. Here people don't like cats due to ridiculous superstitious beliefs. And moreover Pinky is a tuxedo. She looks like a black cat. Very few people like them. The chances somebody took them is very very less. Even if they took them they might feed them in their lawn. They don't take them inside and keep them in their house all day. It could be either they were displaced or something happened to them. If anything happened to them it would be near my home. And these people could say it no? I'm asking these street cleaners everyday they are saying the same thing. They didn't see any cats.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ndia is a worst place for cats. Here people don't like cats due to ridiculous superstitious beliefs. And moreover Pinky is a tuxedo. She looks like a black cat. Very few people like them.
If you care, there are others like you. You might be an exception to the rule, and there may be very few like you, but you are not the only one.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you care, there are others like you. You might be an exception to the rule, and there may be very few like you, but you are not the only one.
I wish it is true. But How could I reach them. You won't believe how rudely these people are responding when I'm enquiring for my cats. They are not allowing me to search in their lawns. Some are not even listening to me. They are just telling me to go. If this is the situation how could I even search for my cats. I'm just wandering the streets. This is becoming extremely difficult.