Most Unique Names

golffox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just sitting here reflecting on the cats that have owned me. There was "Somethin", who I got from my uncle. He told me there were originally two cats but ""somethin' happened to "Nothin" and nothin' happend to "Somethin". I also had a Russian Blue named "Smog" Anyone else care to share your unique names?

daddycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The orange tabby in the 2nd picture is named "Dubya" after President Bush's nickname. MommyCat and I are Republicans, and we adopted Dubya on the night of the 2000 election. We had no idea what to name a male cat, but when Bush was declared the winner (before all the recounts!), we decided right there to name him Dubya.

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The mother of my Chucky was called Nenew.. Do you remember the Mork and Mindy show.. Mork would say Nanew Nanew, we called her Nenew ...

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I always thought Pansy was pretty unique. . .

. . . until I went on Catster and found FOUR more there!

My soulmate kitty was named Phideaux, pronounced Fido. Dad named her after an old Justin Wilson (y'know the crazy Cajun) routine. I've not met another cat anywhere with her name.

My dad also has an all-black DMH lady named. . . .

SNOWBALL!!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the early family cats was Stephanie Anastasia Meow.

We had a brother/sister feral pair that were called Cross-Eyed Mary and Cross-Eyed Larry

Then there was the feral Flashback - her coat looked like she was zapped by electricity and she had a tan spot on the end of her black tail.

I adopted a cat from a friend of a friend named Hyper. It was an appropriate name for her so we just kept it.

Then there is our Stumpy. Yup, half a tail.

I could go on.....

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom had a cat named "Into" he was always into everything. Ken,my hubby, wanted to name one of my boys "roadkill" Which of course didn't happen
I wouldn't let him name any of my babies that.

agent_haun

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My female cat's name is Poodle, but her nicknames are: Poodley-Ankers, Flabby Tabby, and Flubbonza.

My male kitty is Flibbo, his nicknames are: Bibstro, Fluffybutt, AmberEyes, and Poodley-Innkers.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had a Tamale, a Booger and a Choo-Choo.

Ike, our Dalmatian, was named for Ike Clanton. We don't want him to know that he was named for a drunken, loudmouthed cattle rustler, so we told him that he's named for Gen. Eisenhower.

Pearlie-mutt got her name, because I got her on Dec. 7 (Pearl Harbor Day).

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister once named her cat "Piss Ant" and out of that same litter I named one "Jelly Bean" his belly was purple when he was born! We also had a dog that I named "Jif" ,like the peanut butter, two others named "Souix" and "Cree" both after Native American Tribes. Not sure If i spelled Cree right or not... it was my moms BF's dog... He was a wierd one sometimes!!!!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My childhood cat was Kanarus, this is what happens when 2 year olds name pets.
My first husband and I had a cat named Damnit

ginger's mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My girl's name is actually Ginger Crunch, good to know my son likes my baking! Also known as Ginger Puff (puffy tail) and Pshyco Kitty
My SIL's little brother named their cat Happy Meal, but my neice can only say Hamea.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess Sui is unique. The only other "Sui" I know of is the dog that Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter had (RB).

heatherragan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat's name is Ullah. I still lived at home when I got her and my mom said taking on a second cat would be a burden. I was looking through a baby name book and Ullah was a Hebrew name meaning burden. No one can pronounce it right, but I like that it has some meaning to it.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom's cat loves to knead and purr on her lap and his little clawsies are very sharp. She says she feels much better since she got him. He evidently has a therapeutic effect, so she named him Accupuncture.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Peedoodle

He came equipped with that name. we liked it so much that it stayed.

Kahu was orginally named snowball by the shelter but we wanted something unique - his real name is Kahurangi but Kahu for short - it is maori for precious.