More Babies???

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry to keep pestering you guys. I posted on another thread about the current 4 baby rescues I trapped and currently still have in my bathroom. Have had them about 2 weeks or so maybe 3? I am exhausted and so stressed. Their mom abandoned them about 2 weeks before I trapped them. They are about 15 weeks old. Mama kitty still eats here daily just was no longer have anything more to do with the kittens when I trapped them. I have an appointment for Mama this Tuesday Dec 4th to get her spayed at a feral clinic. My problem is she has not been here for 3 days! She has alwYs been very predictable. The food I put out has been untouched. She has gone and had more kittens right??? I know it’s possible but really?? I can’t do this again. I am still trying to place her current Litter. My friends tell me to close my gate and move on but I can’t do that

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she look pregnant? If she is giving birth I think it would have been fairly obvious in the last week or so. She may be out looking for males, although usually the females sty put and the toms roam around looking for them. If that's the case, she can still be spayed on the 4th as the pregnancy won't be very far along. Or she may just be out roaming. Cats will be cats!

I think they like to do this to us. They always seem to disappear after you make the appointment! There was a tomcat hanging around my house, he's been around for a couple years, I'd catch a glimpse of him now and then. This year he became very friendly and was hanging around all the time, so I decided to have him neutered. Right after I made the appointment, he disappeared for 3 days! Fortunately he came back the day before the appointment and I grabbed him and put him in a dog crate.

I hope she comes back soon! :vibes: Don't cancel her appointment yet.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t jump to conclusions. Maybe she is out with a with another fella now and your spay appointment is perfectly timed! Don’t close the gate! If you do then you really will face this again. If she does not show in time for this appointment then reschedule immediately. Chances are she will be back! Hang in there. Since she has been there regularly, she probably would have looked a little plump if she was about to have babies. No guarantee but probably. I bet she will show up. Deep breath and I am sending calm vibes your way. :vibes::alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys. I am new to this rescuing cats experience and overthinking everything. Surely if she was pregnant I couldn’t of missed it right? It’s been my biggest fear since she has now brought me a litter twice. Every time she has been here I have looked her over through the window to reassure myself that she is not pregnant so I would have noticed right? She’s is not a big cat to begin with herself. I will never close that gate even after she is fixed I plan on still feeding her I couldn’t do that to her even though she is not mine. The clinic told me just to call them the day of if she doesn’t show up the day of her app. I will pray I see her before tues and that she does not look like she is or was recently pregnant. Darn cat is killing me. I keep a heated cat house on my deck for her too and she isn’t even using that. I also walked the woods behind my house today looking for her and or a nest but nothing.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I did miss with a pregnant cat last spring and she had four kittens, one killed early by a coyote, the rest spayed by me and living comfortably on my property with food and shelter. However, what I wanted to say was that the mom was so feral that I had to look out the window at her when she came to eat by using binoculars and I did think that she was big in the middle, but then she came around again and was not, so I was reassured. Trapped and fixed her, evidently when the litter was about 3 -4 weeks old and only saw them about 2 weeks later. But I did notice her size, so if you have not noticed that, you might be okay and able to just stay on course for getting her fixed.

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well it’s now day 6 and still no Mama kitty sighting! Her spay appointment is on Tuesday. Surely if she had gone and had more kittens then she would have been here to eat by now right?? I mean it’s an easy meal and not one she has to search for. She has always patiently waited on the deck for a meal normally twice a day. I pray someone has her and is taking care of her.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I do agree with you that it would seem that she would come back for an easy meal and I hope that she is safe.

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do agree with you that it would seem that she would come back for an easy meal and I hope that she is safe. I am praying she is safe. this is the longest it has ever been since I haven’t seen her

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do agree with you that it would seem that she would come back for an easy meal and I hope that she is safe.
And now day 7 and still no Mama kitty I pray she is okay.

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope she is alright too.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:
Thank you. Her spay app. Was today but I still have not seen her.. another stray that I used to feed but she (mama kitty) eventually banned from my yard has just recently returned. It's like he knows she is gone and it's safe now.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am sorry about what appears to be the loss of Mama Kitty. It may not be as cats turn up long after they go missing. Something is different though in some way or the other stray would probably not be so comfortable coming back.

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry about what appears to be the loss of Mama Kitty. It may not be as cats turn up long after they go missing. Something is different though in some way or the other stray would probably not be so comfortable coming back.
Thank you. Still no Mama kitty sightings in (I have now lost track but many days :( I pray she is safe and taken care of. She was a good Mama.