Moody cat

hannahe01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat spent the beginning of the week absolutely refusing to play AT ALL. I tried for hours to get him to play each day and he just wanted to sleep and sleep.

the last two days he’s been playing a ton, making up for those days he refused I guess lol. He’s been jumping and running and rolling around with his YEOWWW banana, wand toy, and now a stick that he’s decided is his newest favorite toy. I still can’t get him to play before bed so he wakes me up super early in the morning for a quick play sesh. I’m trying to get him back on track and on the schedule we had before.

this morning after playing with him at 6:30 for about 20 minutes I went back to bed and he followed me, meowed loudly once, knocked some stuff off my nightstand but I didn’t give in and he eventually went to sleep on his cat tree. Only for me to wake up and he played once more. Progress. Lol. I miss sleeping in on the weekend... but I’m happy he’s more playful at least for the time being. I was worried. He’s so moody!!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat spent the beginning of the week absolutely refusing to play AT ALL. I tried for hours to get him to play each day and he just wanted to sleep and sleep.

the last two days he’s been playing a ton, making up for those days he refused I guess lol. He’s been jumping and running and rolling around with his YEOWWW banana, wand toy, and now a stick that he’s decided is his newest favorite toy. I still can’t get him to play before bed so he wakes me up super early in the morning for a quick play sesh. I’m trying to get him back on track and on the schedule we had before.

this morning after playing with him at 6:30 for about 20 minutes I went back to bed and he followed me, meowed loudly once, knocked some stuff off my nightstand but I didn’t give in and he eventually went to sleep on his cat tree. Only for me to wake up and he played once more. Progress. Lol. I miss sleeping in on the weekend... but I’m happy he’s more playful at least for the time being. I was worried. He’s so moody!!
[/QUhaving a cat -= no weekends or days off:lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
They just go through sleeping and playing binges. I suspect that when they sleep all day it’s because they have been up all night, sometimes playing but sometimes doing serious work like tracking a fly or spider.