Mondays question of the day

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Iv turned into a busy little bee this week having to squeeze in things I wasnt aware I had to do LOL!!

How is your week going to be?

And I will wish everyone a Merry Christmas :D

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than a few parties it will be nice and quiet.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Merry Christmas! Tomorrow is going to be busy, since DH's family is coming for a Christmas Eve dinner, but after that things should be relatively low key.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Merry Christmas!

It'll start off as a pretty quiet week - dinner, Xmas service, presents, hanging about at home relaxing and chillin', then off to Montreal to visit family there.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not too busy but since my son did get to be here for Christmas, we are going to take a family picture.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today looks good, we have nothing we have to do, I like to do my Christmas shopping early so it's not hanging over my head. I just need to go grocery shopping today or tomorrow. The wind's really picking up outside, might put a fire in the fireplace and watch some movies this afternoon. We went to a fun party last night, and got invited to another on Christmas Eve (I don't have to cook that night woo hoo!) so I'm looking forward to the next few days!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, we aren't doing much. Took our daughter to the doctor today because she has an ear infection. We are busier over the next couple of days. We have a family Christmas tomorrow. After my daughter goes to bed, I have to redecorate the tree (she pulled half the ornaments off) and put the presents under it. On Christmas day, we will open gifts at home, then go to my moms for brunch, then to my in laws for dinner. My mom lives 40 minutes away but my in laws live on the same street as us, just 6km down the road. Not too much driving thankfully. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Today, we aren't doing much. Took our daughter to the doctor today because she has an ear infection. We are busier over the next couple of days. We have a family Christmas tomorrow. After my daughter goes to bed, I have to redecorate the tree (she pulled half the ornaments off) and put the presents under it. On Christmas day, we will open gifts at home, then go to my moms for brunch, then to my in laws for dinner. My mom lives 40 minutes away but my in laws live on the same street as us, just 6km down the road. Not too much driving thankfully. 

for your little girl having an ear infection right before Christmas: she needs all her energy to be up at ghe crack of dawn to pull off all those decorations you are so kindly putting back on the tree for her, and helping the cats to open all the presents that santa claws is going to bring!  I hope she is well in time and you get some sleep so you can enjoy the fun.

Today I did what I swore I wouldn't and went to a mall for some last minute present shopping, but now I get peace and quiet until a family meal on Christmas day and as my SiL is doing ALL the catering / hosting I get off extremely lightly.  Then I have one more day of rest before I start my new job. Busy busy busy! 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Busy!!  I'm working hard in spite of this dreary rainy day trying to do the last minute cleaning.  I still have baking to finish, wrapping to do, etc.  Christmas is at our house this year but my mother and I are splitting the cooking still.  Then the day after Christmas most of my step-siblings are coming to town.  My DD has had a dry cough for about 4 days and now it sounds "junky."  Hopefully it will clear up quick!  I've got her painting some salt dough ornaments she made and the hand print ones we did today are drying too.  DS will do his after his nap.  Both kids have been giving me issues with sleeping.  It's not made me loose much sleep; it's just kept me from doing what I need to once they are in bed!  Or supposed to be in bed!  You can't wrap gifts very well when someone doesn't want to stay in her bed!

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was brutal. BF left for New England to visit his family for the week, leaving me to take care of everything here myself. So I've been shopping and running other errands. Tomorrow I'll be cleaning and preparing for my kids' arrival Christmas morning, and my sister her DH and their son will be here a few hours later. I'll be cooking the entire day. Then I'll have my kids for the week. Lots of playing games and doing crafts.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We ran errands most of the day and when we got back, I started baking and just not took the last batch of cookies out of the oven. I'm just tired, I guess as the cats had me up really early this morning and no nap.

Christmas was easier when I was a kid and my mom dealt with everything. Now I'm the mom and it's not so easy anymore! Most of it is kitchen work....cooking and baking, making candy, things like that. Rick will wrap. Thankfully I just have to wrap his things. Rick will also vacuum and dust a bit tomorrow so I don't have to worry about that. He'll clean the bathroom, too. So basically my chores are pretty much all in the kitchen tomorrow. 

There are a few things that my MIL used to make: the almond brittle, the roasted peanuts, things like that. She doesn't make them anymore and I completely understand that she can't. But it seems to have fallen onto me to take care of those things in addition to what I'm already doing.

I'd still like to hit a few stores early tomorrow morning and I don't know if I'm going to have time. 

To be honest, I think I'm a little glad that our kids aren't coming until Saturday....I feel as though that gives me a bit of a breather.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I've been at work today and am at work till 5.30pm tomorrow, the shop closes at 5pm and then we have to make sure everything is ready for Boxing Day, when people come to get bargains in the sale, but to be honest a lot of the sale items are in sale now. I've been to Tesco's tonight with youngest daughter and son in law to get the food for Christmas Day. I am cooking the turkey and the pork here at home and then taking them to their house to cook the rest of the food there. It's their 1st Christmas as a married couple. I've got Boxing Day off work, 1st time for a few years I've been off and I'll be able to chill as hubby and eldest daughter are both at work.
Merry Christmas everyone xx

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My week is going to be crazy at work.

I had an all day clinic today, another all day one tomorrow.

I usually use Wednesday and Thursday to finish my charting and to prepare for my Friday and Monday Tuesday clinics the following week.  But Wednesday and Thursday are days off for me this week, so I had to prepare in advance as much as I could.  On Thursday and Friday last week, I called all of our new patients and got their medical histories and entered them into the computer.  From talking to them, I also managed to get a sense of other things, so I "Pre charted in a notepad file" so that I can copy paste and just make adjustments if I need to.

Tonight I took my garbage out. It's been too cold all last week to do it, so I had a few black garbage bags to take and a good amount of used cat litter.  And I have some other things to take down to the storage room. I want to do a load of laundry and make some Nuts and Bolts snack for Wednesday. Maybe make some cupcakes and put them in the freezer over night so I can decorate them tomorrow evening. And I am also making a pistacio pudding dessert tomorrow evening.

Friday I have an all day clinic at work, and for Friday evening I plan on having a nice long shower and going to bed early!  lol

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

for your little girl having an ear infection right before Christmas: she needs all her energy to be up at ghe crack of dawn to pull off all those decorations you are so kindly putting back on the tree for her, and helping the cats to open all the presents that santa claws is going to bring!  I hope she is well in time and you get some sleep so you can enjoy the fun.
Thanks. It's her first ear infection (she's almost 16 months). She was not happy all weekend but seems to be feeling a bit better. She's had 3 doses of antibiotics now and has ate some food and played with her toys. Sick or not, she will pull all the decorations off the tree. 
 She's a determined little girl.