Mondays Question of the Day

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Soooo, I've been decorating, little bits of tarting up here and there with my main wall still to be done.

When was the last time you decorated?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
About three months ago I painted the bathroom and put up new shelves, cabinet, mirror etc.  I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I bought my house, 3-1/2 years ago, it was a mess.  The prior owner hadn't taken care of it at all in the 30 years he lived here.  So, I've been spending the last years more or less constantly "decorating" and fixing my nearly 100 year old home.  And it still doesn't look like anything was done to it. Ok, I'm exaggerating but really so much more has to be done and I've spent SO much more money than I ever thought I would so right now unless something is on the urgent list, it isn't being done.  

But the last thing we did I guess was sprucing up our 3rd bedroom which we use as an office a couple of months ago when I broke down and bought myself a new PC.  It had been painted about a year ago, with new base molding added to match the rest of the house.  It's ridiculously small - I don't even think a single bed could fit in there comfortably but it's fine for 2 small desks and some shelving (and 1 litter box lol).  Bought 2 matching craftsman style desks, chairs, some new(er) shades to block out the sun better, new lamps.  Now if we could only afford to fix the wood floor in the room it actually might be nearly finished.  It's shot.  I need to look into that.  Still not quite where I want it to be but it's probably closer to being finished than any other room in the house at this point.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we did the kitchen last year.

We are planning to start doing something to the bedroom (and soon, I hope). 

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can't do to much to a rented apartment cause I don't want   to put too many holes in the walls.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we built the house in 2002. When I decorate, it stays that way until Jesus comes. :lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had mine lovely till the council came in and rewired tearing off my feature wall paper and cutting out bits of my wall, left dirty handprints on walls they didnt even need to touch and I was sick of looking at it thats why I have had to do mine :( next time i decorate hopefully its a different house LOL I hate it

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l rent my townhouse, but l want it to be my home so l do put money into it. So far l've done the back landscaping and built the fence, painted my bedroom, the front door and the garage door, and changed carpet colour in the ground-floor family room (landlord paid for the items).  Next l want to paint the kitchen - it's white. lt's only 10 years old so it doesn't need a major overhaul just yet.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
When we built the house in 2002. When I decorate, it stays that way until Jesus comes.
I'm with you!  I hate the noise, dust and chaos of remodeling/tearing things up.  If it ain't broke, I don't want to fix it!  Unfortunately....I'm married to a general building contractor who loves to upgrade.  
  He's usually right and the changes are for the better but it's no fun for me and kitties.

We had a project this summer--not so much decorating but we got a rainwater collection system installed.  I've been wanting to do that for years.  There are now three 2500 gallon water tanks in back--we live on a hill so we'll be able to gravity feed through a drip irrigation system.  So the next project is putting in drought resistant plants.  And finishing the catio!  We took a break from it this past weekend but are hoping to have kitties out frolicking :-) in it by this coming weekend.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I rearranged our game/tarantula room a few months ago. I bought some industrial shelving to keep my spider tanks on and manga but was bummed at how drab it all looked considering the substrate in the tanks was a boring brown. So I went out and bought some awesome looking patterned fabric and covered the shelves and also our tv stand and now the room looks great. It's amazing what a little imagination can do for a room.

I'm getting ready to decoupage a dresser we have with my favorite manga on the top and drawers then I'll paint the rest a nice color.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess right at this moment - Thanksgiving is over, so now planning on decorating the house for Halloween! If that counts.

If not, the stairwell was repainted a few months ago.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Before my son was born.  But I more so gave directions and DH did the work; painting and adding a chair rail.  Hanging curtains and pictures, etc.  

I'm in the process of updating my DD's room to go with her new bedding.  The colors are staying the same; but I'm hoping to change out the artwork and find a few accessories.  Her "baby" bedding was gorgeous; with butterflies and flowers.  Her big girl stuff is cupcakes!  I studied Interior Design in college....this is all right up my alley!  Her nursery was awesome and the most work I've ever had my poor husband do I think!  I've also had him trim out a few doorways that were "plain" and add chair rail though the living/kitchen/dining areas; so that's saying a lot for just one room.  
   I've had the itch to do the rest of of the house too.  I can't stand white walls!!  Unless they are white on purpose...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I put out all of my "fall" decorations a few weeks ago. Not sure if that counts.