Veteran
Purraise
What's for christmas day dinner?

I'm not 100% sure on mine, ny mam invited me to hers Soooo ill find out then

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure what we are going to be having. I think it will be turkey and ham. We are going over to our friends house. We went there Thanksgiving. They told us once we go there twice, then we are considered FAMILY and have to go to every holiday meal! It made us feel good since we do not have any family here.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're going to our nephew's so not sure what he'll make. He's a great Italian cook, so I'm hoping for one of his Italian specialties.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Probably a traditional turkey dinner. We've just decided to have bratwurst, potato salad and a few other salads Christmas Eve when the in-laws come over.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No idea yet! We haven't even decided where we are going. The BF wants to avoid family drama (his parents were divorced when he was 8, and has been pulled in both directions ever since), so I suggested we just go do our own thing somewhere, take a day trip. My parents have also asked if we want to go there, so we might do that since we haven't been to their house since September. BF doesn't like turkey or ham, so it will be a non-traditional type dinner anyway! (For thanksgiving we had filet mignon :lol3: )

I wanted to go to my grandma's house in NJ again this year, but BF has to work the day before and the day after so he can't take the trip and I'd feel sort of weird separating myself from him for a week at the holidays again this year now that we've been together for awhile (last year we'd only been together around 3 weeks and I'd had those Xmas plans set for 2 years prior to that).

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to  my niece's house for Christmas dinner.  I believe she is making lasagne, some kind of roast...don't know if it's pork or beef.  There will be quite a few of us there this year so I'm looking forward to it.  Later in the day we will go to Russ'  sister for dessert, she is a good baker

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we have our big meal on xmas eve, so for that we are having: shrimp cocktail, sausage and peppers, cornflake potatoes :yummy: I LOVE those things, meatloaf, mac 'n cheese, oriental salad, corn salad, veggie pizza, spinach dip, sausage and rotel dip (we call it puke :lol3:), green bean casserole, I think that's it- we are getting down :flail:

xmas day we usually have ham sandwiches and rotini salad, along with whatever's left over :lol3:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
lets see if I can remember the menu..

Appetizers:

2 Stromboli's (pepperoni, and spinach)

my famous Artichoke and Spinach dip

Pigs in Blankets

2 Course Dinner (not sure which is first):

-Stuffed Shells (usually is lasagna, but we decided on something different this year)

Assortment of meatballs, pork and whatever else to go with the italian sauce theme

Italian Bread

-Ham with Honey glaze

Sweet Yams with Marshmallows

Stuffed Mushrooms

Steamed Broccoli

Peas and Carrots

Biscuits

Dessert:

My famous chocolate mint pudding pie

whatever people bring!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm doing a traditional turkey meal.  I will probably prepare most of the sides on Christmas Eve and just do the turkey and gravy on Christmas.  Katie, what are cornflake potatoes?  They sound good.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we're having two dinners, one on Christmas Day and one on Saturday when our kids come up to visit with us....

Christmas Day - I think there will be 14 of us

Crab and Muenster Cheesecake with crackers and veggies 

Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork 

Cheese-Scalloped Potatoes and Carrots

Asparagus with Leeks

Sweet Potato Casserole (it's just chunks of sweets with maple syrup, dried apricots, dried cranberries, and toasted pecans, but it's something different than the old mashed sweets with marshmallows or candied sweets)

Creamed Onions

An assortment of the pickles I made back in the summer

White Coconut Cake (it's not Christmas around here without a white coconut cake)

Black Bottom Peanut Butter Pie w/French Vanilla Ice Cream (made it for Thanksgiving and my MIL requested it again for Christmas!)

Assorted Christmas Cookies

An white Anniversary Wine from one of our local wineries and whatever wine my brother and SIL bring

Saturday's Dinner with the Kids - And since the kids are coming on Saturday, Rick's parents said they wanted to come for dinner and to see the kids. And my brother and SIL are coming again, too. Not sure about my sister and BIL, but they're thinking about coming for dinner.

Beef Pot Pie (Our son called and requested this now instead of the standing rib roast - it's basically a chuck roast, simmered in stock and red wine. Then I roll out a thick dough, cut it into squares and cook the squares in the same liquid as the roast, until light and fluffy. Potatoes are also simmered in the stock. I think it's an old PA Dutch kind of thing.....very popular in my family. Our son can make Beef Pot Pie, but he wants it for their Christmas dinner with us this year.)

Confetti Coleslaw

Braided Peppery Cheese Rolls

Cinnamon Pickles 

Frozen Peanut Butter Pie (requested by our DIL)

Apple Pie (requested by our son)

Assorted Christmas Cookies

A blush wine for dinner and my sister gave me a bottle of a pineapple wine that I've been dying to open. Will open that on Saturday, too.

We have several wonderful wineries in our area and it's always a treat to buy something new to try.

I would like to know about the cornflake potatoes, too, please!

Last edited:

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Itr's my sisters turn this year, so lt's traditional turkey.

Around 4.30 p.m we'll be going to our neice's for tea. I'm usually still stuffed, so just roll me home to adopt a position on the sofa after that 

Last edited: