• As long as it's not on my pizza...

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pineapple and ham is good. Actually pizza is kind of like salad - you can really put just about anything on it. I draw the line at anchovies though - they are just gross.

I like veggie or the standard pepperoni,black olive green peppers and extra cheese.

And as long as you are voting- VOTE in the important election. That's all I'll say about that. There is another forum for political comments.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like pineapple on pizza just fine. I also like pesto, goat cheese and fig jam, too. I'm Italian and my brother in law owns a Brooklyn Pizzaria so I'm about as New York as it gets. Variety is good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like pineapple on pizza just fine. I also like pesto, goat cheese and fig jam, too. I'm Italian and my brother in law owns a Brooklyn Pizzaria so I'm about as New York as it gets. Variety is good!
You lost me at the fig jam. Pesto and goat cheese sounds amazing. I like trying different foods unless I've got a specific craving I'm trying to hit. I just don't do the sweet and salty/savory bit. Since my DH has gone gluten free we haven't had pizza often. (At least I've lost some weight. :rolleyes:)

Native NY'er here. Brooklynite. Manhattanite. NJ resident. All super duper pizza meccas.
NO
NO
NO again
(my husband, being from upstate NY thinks it's just fine but he may as well be considered from New England as far as I'm concerned)
I was born in a city with a large Italian-American population; including my first-generation American Grandparents. There used to be bakeries and pizzerias everywhere. Sadly many of the bakeries were not carried on by the generations. The first thing we would do when we got to town after I moved away was order a pizza. When my Gram was alive and healthy we would call when we got to a certain town so she would know when to call in our order for pizza and wings. Every baby in my family has teethed on pizza crust. :redheartpump:

And I never ever remember seeing pineapple on a pizza that wasn't from a big-chain type place. :dunno: I don't know how those places even survived in a town full of amazing pizza options. :dunno: Maybe they didn't. :lol: Pizzas don't even LOOK the same where I live now. :sigh: I have a few decent options; but it's still different. It took a long time to find good wings.

I'm happy to report that my family's top 2 favorite pizzerias (One is +100 years old and still family owned and the other is +40 years old) do not even offer it. :lol: Thats where I set my standards from apparently. :tongue: :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. No. A thousand times NO. Then again, I say the same thing about anchovies and green peppers. The also don't belong anywhere near a pizza. More often that not when I eat pizza it's plain cheese. I can't stand pepperoni on pizza either. It makes it too greasy.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to say いいえ

Fruit is sweet. You shouldn't put sweet things in savory dishes. That goes for those horrid curries with raisins in too.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to say いいえ

Fruit is sweet. You shouldn't put sweet things in savory dishes. That goes for those horrid curries with raisins in too.
I hate it when there are raisins in savory dishes. Especially golden raisins. :barfgreen:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to say いいえ

I agree, and the same goes for sweet and salty. I can't stand chocolate-covered pretzels.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm Ok with it, esp when there's ham or Canadian bacon. They go well together. When we do individual grilled pizzas for a party or dinner, I always put out some well-drained pineapple on the toppings table. Somebody likes it because it always goes fast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trust me, I know! :crackup: But most people actually do like it when they try mine. I am usually the one ordering something that everyone goes "wait, what?"
I would try one bite. When I was growing up that was my mother's rule; you had to try one honest bite and then if you didn't like it you didn't have to eat it. Most of the time it got me to eat whatever was being served. :lol:

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I teach prek. One of the areas that we focus on is food, nutrition and portions. Once they understand the portion sizes (2 of these, one spoonful of that) the next thing we work on is you can't have more of X unless you eat Y and Z. By the end of the year I have no difficulty with children trying new things because they understand what I consider tasting it (a full bite). We're currently in the second stage and we are no longer sobbing because a piece of cauliflower is on our plate. Most of these children control their parents and are used to eating fast food, not home cooked meals.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought of this thread last night at the grocery store. They had Freschetta frozen pizzas BOGO. The shelves were picked clean... except for the ones with pineapple on them. They had plenty of those. :lol: