Mondays Question of the day - April 14, 2014

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't believe it's Monday...  My entire last week flew by!  I need a down day so I think I'm actually going to plan one into this week. (Isn't that what the weekend used to be for!?)

What movie/movies can you watch over and over again?

I love the movie White Christmas.  I probably know a good deal of the lines by heart.  I'll watch it year round too!  I also love Sweet Home Alabama!  Maybe I'll watch one of those this week.  I need to see if we have any rainy days in the forecast to excuse the lazy day.  Lazy beyond the necessary things that is!

kordron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a big animation fan so I like a lot of animated movies. I can watch Secret of Nimh repeatedly and never get tired of it.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Actually, none..

I rarely watch anything more than once, unless it's a long time between viewings.

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow there's a ton that I can watch over and over. I literally know every word to my Best Friends Wedding...and One Fine Day, Hope Floats and You've Got Mail.

I'm a sucker for all of those movies and I genuinely get excited when they're on TV even though I own them all.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Actually, none..

I rarely watch anything more than once, unless it's a long time between viewings.
Same here. I cannot bring myself to watch something more than once, and even if I do, it has to be long enough (I'm talking years) that I pretty much forgot what it's about.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few of my favorites would be: You've Got Mail, Forrest Gump, How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, Encino Man, Office Space, Warm Bodies, The Corpse Bride, Edward Scissorhands, Beauty & The Beast, & Dirty Dancing. I never get tired of those!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can watch many movies more than once.  Ghostbusters is one of my favs!  Any of the Indiana Jones movies, Rocky movies (especially 4), Ocean's 11 and others, cheesy 80's movies like Can't Buy Me Love, Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink, Breakfast Club, Mr. Mom, Gung Ho...I can watch just about anything.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Actually, none..

That's pretty much me, too, I think. I've seen the LOTR movies more than once; if they're on tv and I'm bored, I might watch them (or fall asleep to them, as the case may be). But I can't think of any movie that I would purposely sit down to watch again.

Books, however,......

ETA: Dirty Dancing. I think I've seen that movie ten times. And never fell asleep.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There are a lot of them, mainly docudramas like All The President's Men, Malcolm X, Apollo 13, etc., or the Harry Potter films.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see..

-Gladiator
-The Mummy
-Battle Royale
-First Position (If that counts)
-Winter War
-Jurassic Park movies
-Repo! The Genetic Opera
-Serenity

I do need time inbetween them of course, but otherwise those are the movies I can rewatch again and again.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Pelican Brief with Julia Roberts and a black actor who's name I've forgotten. He was in 'Philadelphia'. What was his name. ... Help or I won't sleep.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Denzel Washington :D

I don't know if there are any I can watch over and over and over again in quick succession. I can watch most movies again because I have a terrible movie memory but not necessarily because I like them.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (not much surprise there, I guess, looking at my avatar)

After Hours (a dark comedy filmed entirely at night - was my favorite movie for 20 years, trailer here: )

Grosse Point Blank

all LOTR
all the Bourne movies

I don't know if I miss stuff, or if I forget it, but I almost always see & realize new things when I re-watch movies I like.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if there are any I can watch over and over and over again in quick succession. I can watch most movies again because I have a terrible movie memory but not necessarily because I like them.
Thank you. I don't know why I Iove the film so much. Has anybody else seen and enjoyed it?
Denzel Washington. Must try to remember his name

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you. I don't know why I Iove the film so much. Has anybody else seen and enjoyed it?
Denzel Washington. Must try to remember his name
I do love that movie based on the Grisham novel. It is one of the great legal crime thrillers!!! I have seen that one a few times as well. Always a good one to watch again.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad I'm not the only person who loves the Pelican Brief. It always seems new to me.
Hugs.