Moms Having Anxiety

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to leave for a week and a half I can't take her with me and I am having anxiety leaving spooky and sammy alone I am freaking out her separation anxiety is gonna be so bad shes crying when i leave to work

JulesB86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! My cat gets the same when I leave but usually she settles after a couple of days. We have a trusted pet sitter that comes in twice per day to feed, play and spend time with her. Your kittys routine will be knocked for a couple of days but she will get used to your absence and likely just sleep a lot during the time you're gone.. but she will for sure be delighted when you come back! I am sure she will be okay, don't worry :)
Does she have someone familiar coming to feed and play?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Find a trusted sitter for them, and have this person come visit with them a number of times in advance of your trip - if at all possible. They will be more comfortable with someone they 'know' and yes, they will still miss you while you are gone, but they will also look forward to the company their (your) 'friend' can provide them in your absence. It would be even better if this person could stay overnight at least part of the time, if not the entire time - but, I know how difficult that can be to find someone who can change up their schedule so easily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I think her daughter is going to be staying here it shes probably going to leave spooky in the room

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi! My cat gets the same when I leave but usually she settles after a couple of days. We have a trusted pet sitter that comes in twice per day to feed, play and spend time with her. Your kittys routine will be knocked for a couple of days but she will get used to your absence and likely just sleep a lot during the time you're gone.. but she will for sure be delighted when you come back! I am sure she will be okay, don't worry :)
Does she have someone familiar coming to feed and play?
Yes her daughter but they both will get fed but I doubt spooky will get played with she will probably have nothing to do with her and leave her in the room or let sammy in the room to keep her company I'm hoping

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm going to get her toys and a collar to keep her calm hoping that will help her

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
does the calm pheromones really work I'm thinking about giving it a try with specially spooky since I'm going away for a week and a half and I just don't want her to flip out and start her attachment issues she's always meowing when I leave the room and it turns in to like she's in pain I feel so bad I have to bring her with me just to go take a shower. It's crazy help
:angrycat::purr:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have only tried Feliway plug in and spray but didnt find it made any difference to my cats. Having said that, others have found it has helped. There are other products but havent tried any of them. Hopefully others will respond with more helpful answers.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi every time I leave the room to go to work spooky starts meowing and it gets to the point she sounds like she's in pain I have to work and she's not allowed to be out of my room because she's a wild child that gets into everything I don't know what to do. I try to play with her before I leave if the van is not here I'm special needs and I feel so bad

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Its like I ask the person I live with to let her out she does sometimes when I leave she does sometimes and puts her back in my room when she gets wild I don't want to give her up and I'm leaving for a week and a half and she might be left in here while sandwich is roaming around the house I might have to give her up I dont want her to live like this is it true that they calm down after getting fixed

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Maggie didnt calm down till she was 2. It varies from cat to cat. She is now 7 yrs old. After she eats, I do dishes then she comes over and meows and wants me to follow her to the living room. Then she takes a nap, gets up 15 minutes later and meows till she hears my voice. Part of my bed is removed so she cannot get underneath. She used to go under the bed,get on her back,put her claws up, and walk all over like spiderman. How does your cat act like a wild cat? So you have 2 cats?

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Maggie 101
Yes theirs sandwich and spooky I do let spooky out to play with Sandwich or I let sandwich in so she sounds like she's in pain I feel so bad