Mommy won't stay with her new kittens!

Smccall05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had bout 8 kittens births. But I have a cat that just had babies and she lost 2 out of the 3 and he is super small. So I have a heating pad for it cuz ik momma not always finna stay but there not supposed to go the long. And I have to lay her down just to feed it and she stays for a lil bit but when she's done she wants to put it in the spot she has picked but then she leaves and dont go back unless I go with her then she will come lay with me. And if I bring the baby so she can stay with me and she just takes it back so what do I do???

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try closing your mama cat in a bedroom with her kitten. Put her food, water, and litter in the room so she has what she needs.

Continue to keep a watch over the situation, and hope that she begins to stay with her baby more. It’s okay if she takes breaks, but baby needs to nurse every 2 hours right now.

Be prepared to bottle or syringe feed this kitten if mama abandons it.

Do you get your cats spayed?

Smccall05 Smccall05

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When my cat was stray with kittens,(2 years then)she would feed them then watch from my neighbors house next door. When she was 5 weeks old,her mom was always with her except to pee.

I am guessing whoever stole her from her mom never got her spayed. Then she came back after abandoned and mated with another cat