Momma Keeps Moving Kittens

revenwyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK so I haven't been here in a while. Life has been topsy-turvy for me. Lost my husband last year and went homeless and had to rehome my cats.

That said, I'm staying at someone's house for a bit and her cat had kittens. They're 3-4 weeks old now and have outgrown the area she had them in. There's no space to put food or a litter box in there, so we moved them elsewhere. The momma is having none of it and is dragging her kittens over the 3 foot metal fence to try to take them back to the room (which is where I'm sleeping.) I don't know what to do. There's really no space where they were. I keep putting the kittens back, putting her in there on the bed next to them, nothing. No avail. She doesn't get it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

revenwyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I gave up. I moved them back. But she's still making distressed sounds and not spending time with them.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a way to enclose the kittens where she wants and allow mom to travel to her food and litter?

Is your friend able to get her cat spayed after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

revenwyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there a way to enclose the kittens where she wants and allow mom to travel to her food and litter?

Is your friend able to get her cat spayed after this litter?
Yeah we have a pet fence up that's about 3 foot high, there's a coffee table that she can climb on and then hop onto the bed and then out. I'm more concerned that this room doesn't have space for a small litter box for the kittens or food to get them adjusted to all that.

She is very low income and unfortunately isn't able to get the cat spayed. She raised 8 kids so she never had money. She also doesn't see the need as she lives in the country.

Her cat gets food provided, and litter only during the winter months. Nothing else. She's indoor outdoor. Don't think she's even been to the vet. That said, she seems pretty healthy.

I don't agree with how she's taking care of the cat, but she's not my cat. If I stay here and get a job I might pay for the spay myself.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is she located? Litters of kittens are far more expensive than a spay, and it's such a hard life for mom to have litter after litter.

We can help to find a low cost clinic.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What's your city and state? We can look for a clinic for you. Sometimes theyboffer free spays and neuters based in income.