Momma Cat is sleeping outside of nesting box/Litter training kitten

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think so too. I'm not an expert with the tiny ones, and I agree that article didn't really pin it down. Let me check one other source.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry for the double post, The website the kitten lady says to introduce them to the litterbox at three weeks. It looks to me as though it's dependent on what stage the kittens themselves are at :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CK_farm22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the double post, The website the kitten lady says to introduce them to the litterbox at three weeks. It looks to me as though it's dependent on what stage the kittens themselves are at :)
I guess i will just try my best and see. They can’t get out of the nesting box yet (8in or so tall). I’ve shown them the litter box but they climb right out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CK_farm22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens are 3 almost 4 weeks old and i’m not really sure on how to litter train them. I have the boxes set up with litter in them but when i put them in it, they climb right out

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
3 weeks is awfully young for litter training. My kittens didn't start using the litter box until they were about 5 weeks old. What really got them going was setting their shallow litter pan next to the regular litter box that momma cat used. That one had high sides the kittens couldn't get over. The watched momma use her litter box and hopped right into theirs.