momma and four kittens!

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure where to post this, but here it goes. I recently had a momma cat and her four (stinkin adorable) kittens adopt me. I finally found a rescue willing to take them! Momma is quite shy though friendly, I evicted my husband from his man cave so currently they are living in luxury amongst steelers paraphernalia. I'm a bit nervous about having to recatch them in order to bring them to the fosters house. Does anyone have any tips for me? The kittens are about 9 weeks, still nursing, momma is Still very attentive and investigates while I play with them to make sure they're ok. It's a long shot I know, but If anyone lives in the north Georgia area and wants to adopt any of them private message me. They are very sweet little buggers and deserve a great home. Hopefully momma transitions to the fosters alright, she was justifiably terrified and PO'd when I caught her.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure of advice to give you, I just wanted to say, they are the sweetest and I wish you all the best with finding them homes.

I'm sure someone will chime in with information you need.

So sweet, all of them.  

Which is the mother, the grey on the left or the black.  The black looks big but kitten like. LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Which is the mother, the grey on the left or the black.  The black looks big but kitten like. LOL
[/quote]

Lol, the black one is the momma, she's tiny, weighs probably 6 lbs.very thin but I guess motherhood will do that to you lol she's very sweet

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lol, the black one is the momma, she's tiny, weighs probably 6 lbs.very thin but I guess motherhood will do that to you lol she's very sweet[/quote]
She's gorgeous.  I wish I could take in all these cute kitties.

Good luck with them.  I look forward to hearing about their journey.

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kittens went to a foster home! I have momma though. I felt awful watching the kittens reach out of the cage to try and get to her. They are about 9 weeks and I know they should at least stay with her until 12 weeks, but the foster could only take the kittens for some reason. Hopefully she'll stop looking for them soon :( her milk needs to dry up before I can spay her, then I'll be trying to find her a home. IF I can even find one.she's very sweet so Crossing my fingers.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wonderful news!  You are doing the right thing by all of these cats.  Thank you for going the extra mile!

Even though its sad, she will adjust.  Better her kittens found homes than ended up on their own.

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words! I keep telling myself that it's better for the kittens, even if it's a little too soon, they'll have a chance to find a great home. I can only keep momma for a short time, so I'm really hoping to find a home for her. I'd like to keep her but I'm already transitioning a stray I kept into my existing brood. I think if I added another kitty, my first cat (she's the top cat) might kill me in my sleep. Momma is only about a year old, 6 lbs or so, she's very tiny. I have noticed that her stomach seems a little bigger than usual. I dewormed her last night, do you think worms as well as milk could make her stomach enlarged? I wasn't sure if nursing queens usually have big bellies, or if she might be pregnant again. God I hope not

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, boy.  Praying she is not pregnant again.  A quick visit to the vet will help determine that., if you can do that.  Sometimes, it  is just so sad what they go through.  Kudos to you for helping her.

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is supposed to be getting spayed when her milk dries up, it's a bit hard to catch her, It took me three hours the last time, now she knows all my tricks and tuna no longer works! I may have to make an appt and get her checked, her stomach feels pretty soft, she won't let me pick her up or really handle her much though. she's real sweet just very scared. I sure hope she isn't preggers again that would be a nightmare. Do you know if cats that are lactating usually have enlarged stomachs? I don't remember my other foster having a big tummy. Not a good sign