Mom cat dissapeared without a trace for no reason

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please excuse any misspellings or grammatical errors, I'm typing this in a great hurry.

A mom cat that never EVER leaves the area near our apartment has gone missing, leaving her abandoned kitten in a Bush near our apartment. She has 0 reason to ever leave the Bush. Yesterday she was in the Bush with her kitten all day (I check periodically through out the day) and suddenly between 4-5 and 8 o'clock PM I noticed she didn't run up our stairs to get the kibble I put out everyday a 8. I didn't think much of it and went to sleep. Now- today the kitten has been alone in the bush all day, I'm so worried and terrified because we've had a similar experience with another momma cat (horse cat) that was best friends with the mom cat that just went missing (Angel). She went missing months earlier right after she was about to give birth. Angel was best friends with horse cat and would always rub against her and seek attention from her, angel loved her, that was her best friend. We've never seen horse cat since, and I fear the same has happened to Angel. This makes no sense, she's just gone! Could somebody possibly be taking pregnant mom cats around the area? I'm freaking out I need to act fast, please tell me what I should do. I need closure I won't take MIA like I did with horse cat, my heart aches everytime I think about her. She was so happy and friendly, the first time we found horse cat and Angel they were so skinny you could count all their bones, we fed them till they were plump, Angel has been depressed ever since horse cat disappeared. They were practically inseparable, and now both are gone.

(It's 8:04 PM Tuesday August 11 San Antonio area) 1 day after Angel went missing, the clock is ticking. God bless all of you, please help.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
You have a couple choices, I think.
Depending on if the weather is nasty or hot, you could move the kitten and start feeding it, keeping an eye out for mama cat to return.

Or you could wait a bit longer to see if mama comes back and reconnects with her kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Angel has been taking care of her baby for about 1 week now, she never left the bush. Only to get the kibble at 8 PM and use the restroom, other than that she never left her kittens side. When you approached the bush she would hiss at you.
20200811_202545.jpg

(This is the bush)

20200811_201847.jpg

(Inside where the momma was taking care of her kitten)

She never left that spot. I'm shaking, guys I don't want to lose another furry friend. I've seen too many dead fur baby in this one apartment complex alone. All of them were poisoned, our manager hates cats and I wouldn't put it past her to call animal control. I fear that's what happened to horse cat. But I don't know.

I miss you Angel, Horse cat. Please return soon.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In this case, I would get that kitten out of harms way immediately.

Are you able to get the necessary things, and feed it around the clock?

This website is very helpful regarding supplies, how to feed it, how to hold it while feeding, bathroom business, etc etc

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
You have a couple choices, I think.
Depending on if the weather is nasty or hot, you could move the kitten and start feeding it, keeping an eye out for mama cat to return.

Or you could wait a bit longer to see if mama comes back and reconnects with her kitten
The baby was taken by our neighbor, he said that he would take care of the kitten. I'm mildly worried but I trust him. Angel hasn't yet returned. I walked around the area rattling the food bowl (she would've came running if she was in the area) so now I'm pretty sure she's not even in our area. (Angel never EVER leaves our area ever.) So now I'm fearing the worst, I'll check the dumpsters around the area to see if any scumbag threw her in one of them around the complex. If not... I fear it's animal control, or somebody took her, or she's poisoned and is alone somewhere dying... I don't know. I miss Angel so much

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, have you rescued the kitten? Second, how do you know the manager is poisoning the cats? I don't think that is legal.

Check will th Animal Control t o see if they picked up Angel.

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First, have you rescued the kitten? Second, how do you know the manager is poisoning the cats? I don't think that is legal.

Check will th Animal Control t o see if they picked up Angel.
I don't believe our manager would such a thing, I just speculate that maybe she called animal control and they took Angel. But I really don't know.

The kitten was rescued by my neighbor because we have 8 kittens currently and my parents won't allow anymore. I have faith in my neighbor, I trust he will take very good care of the fur baby. My concern is Angel, I will have to call tomorrow first thing- thank you and GOD BLESS YOU for your suggestion I will do so. I'm typing and thinking irrationality right now but I can't sit around picking daisy's. I've been sitting around all day hoping she'd return, now I need to take matters into my own hands. I pray to God that Angel is ok, Horse cat too despite her missing for months now.

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does he have familiarity with such tiny ones? Tell him about the kittenlady . org website
He told me that he knew what he was doing, I have a slight worry still. He lives right next to me, i will ask him tomorrow morning, it's currently getting dark out and I don't want to disturb him or his family currently. You are correct, I need to inform him, maybe right a list of products as well? I'll figure out the best way to inform him- Kitten Lady is a given. Her content single handedly kept my 8 Kittens alive, it was difficult and scary, but because of her all 8 of my furbabys are here today and healthy.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How old is the kitten? Is mama cat spayed? If not, she may be in heat and out mating. Cats can be gone for several days to a week when in heat. Perhaps that is what is happening. Please make sure the kitten is being properly cared for. Thank you for your concern for these cats. I know it is troubling when they suddenly disappear.

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old is the kitten? Is mama cat spayed? If not, she may be in heat and out mating. Cats can be gone for several days to a week when in heat. Perhaps that is what is happening. Please make sure the kitten is being properly cared for. Thank you for your concern for these cats. I know it is troubling when they suddenly disappear.
The kitten is about 1 week old, Angel is not spayed, she never leaves the area even while in heat and she was aggressively taking care and feeding her kitten hours before she went missing. My neighbor has the little fur Angel and is currently looking after her, I will check up on her tomorrow morning and onward for sure.

Make sure to take a look at my other replys they have more information and I forget stuff a lot. So please forgive me of the information I provide is too vague.

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does he have familiarity with such tiny ones? Tell him about the kittenlady . org website
I have an update on the situation.

I saw Angel today morning
20200812_111224.jpg

She had a slight limp and I didn't know why, she also refused to eat or drink, and appeared very depressed. She laid by the bush for hours and eventually took off, I don't know where she's at now but my neighbor also informed me that she attacked a dog that got too close to her kitten and the dog ended up injuring her and she ran off- leaving her kitten. Now I have the full story and know what's going on. Angel is very skinny and is now mourning the loss of her kitten (who is safe). I always felt uncomfortable with my neighbors having so many off leash pitbulls running around, I just didn't know it would actually end up happening. I'm still very worried about Angel but Thank God I know she's alive.

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for letting us know what happened :redheartpump:
Can you trap her and get her TNR'd?
I will try, there are also non profit organizations around San Antonio I believe that spay and neuter for free. I just hope she turns up again and isn't afraid of our area because of the encounter...

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor thing. She sounds pitiful. Can you bring her inside, at least until she is better? She needs help, and she needs spaying. It would be nice if she could be with her kitten also. How is the kitten doing?
I haven't been able to check on the kitten yet but my neighbor told me that it was the guys mom that took in the kitten, he also told me that the mom had a kitten feeder, so I'm hopeful, checking on the baby is absolute priority currently. I also need to check every 20 minutes or so for Angel. I feel slightly relieved about Angel work needs to be done to ensure this never happens again.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure that she is mourning the loss of her baby. She probably thinks that it was killed. In a perfect world, the kitten's rescuer would allow Angel to be trapped and reunited with her baby, perhaps in a catio or small, quiet room. You can try explaining to her that her baby is okay; showing her her baby again might help even though she will act upset. Please explain to the neighbor & maybe they will relent.