Mom cat breasts feel hard and swollen, please help

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Perhaps later today towards dusk they will show up in their usual spot for food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jesscarlett

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really hope so. I can't stop crying.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grab a magazine can you sit near where they usually hang out, bring some tuna or whatever they really enjoy...talk to all the other cats in the

area bugs anything they will hear you and be watching they get all jealous,curious come to inspect they are lurking not totally ready to surrender

it's like a game, so you need to be swift to catch or trap them inside your building with food etc.
  it may take a little more coaxing or outsmarting

as long as they cannot get food elsewhere you should be able to catch OK-

jesscarlett

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not yet. Yesterday I looked for them everywhere, but I only saw the kitten. She never came out to eat though, she must have lost her trust for me. I don't know what can I do to make her come out succesfully and be able to grab her. What I did the first time was put the can of food inside the kennel and she did eventually (after an hour) and I immeadiately closed it. Yesterday I did the same and she didn't budge. So if she doesn't come out (she hides under an abandoned house) I won't be able to get her. :sniffle: The mom I didn't see her at all yesterday. I am just hoping she appears today during dusk, which was always the time she would come out and ask for food. If she doesn't I will be so devastated. And if something happened to her it will be my fault. Because of my stupidity they ran away and now I feel responsible for whatever happens to them. :bawling:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suggest putting food out at the usual spot. At least they can eat. Sit nearby but don't attempt to grab them. Let them begin to trust you again. I'm sure the poor kitten is starving.

jesscarlett

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I will keep putting food on the usual spot. The kitten was always very shy. So now it will be a nightmare to gain her trust.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Why were they on the balcony and not inside your apartment?

jesscarlett

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 5 cats inside the house. I did not bring them in because the vet wasn't sure if they were FeLV positive or not because the test had a faint mark on the leukemia part. She told me to take them back in 3 months to re test them and so they were going to be in my balcony until I was 100% sure they did not have the virus.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see. Living in a crate they would be fine inside, even with your other cats.

jesscarlett

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure about that. I don't want to risk my cats by letting them get close to the others and possibly be scratched through the crate. They are fine in my balcony, I have fostered other cats there and never had a problem. It was just a mistake I made, forgot to lock the crate door.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They may hold resentment being confined nothing you can do about that but it makes it a little more challenging I'm sure

I doubt you will be able to get them in a crate with food unless desperately hungry a few days...but if they find food elsewhere 

chicken something gouie with juice in it ? any type of meat feed outside small amount then into crate but they would need to come

and go from crate building trust then grab OR if you have a laser pointer to play with get them to just hang out with you playing interacting

catch them off guard all cats love the dot -dot can go inside the crate you may catch a few more to boot

jesscarlett

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was able to catch both of them!!! I literally just get home, see the mom cat. It was raining heavily but I immediately get out of the car, go upstairs and bring a can of food with me. She was meowing really loud so the kitten came out looking for food as well. I was able to grab the kitten in a split second and then the mom! Now they are finally home again and tomorrow I will go early so they can take out some blood and send it to the states to get a confirmatiom whether they are FeLV positive or not. I am super worried but hoping for the best. Also, the Queen's breasts look much better now. I don't know how that happened but the swelling has gone down. Probably because she hadn't eat in almost 2 days? Anywho, I am glad they are safe and warm now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is wonderful news!

Hopefully they are negative. I will tell you that sometimes kittens test false positive for about 6 months because they have their mom's immunities in them from nursing. The main thing is that neither shows any symptoms, which is a very good sign.

jesscarlett

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have my fingers crossed hoping that they will be negative, so I can find them a furrever home soon enough. I will keep you guys posted when I have an update. Right now they are both resting after having a good meal. :heart2:

Last edited: