Mole/bump On Cat's Face?

2kitties1gal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! I've noticed this small, pale, bump on my cat's face and am just wondering if anyone has any sort of insight or idea of what it could possibly be. The pictures were as focused as I could get them :(

IMG_9740.JPG

IMG_9736.JPG

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would definitely show it to your vet. Maybe on next appt ? Unless it starts bleeding or growing. Then make an appt. just for that.

Bumps make me nervous.

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would definitely have this checked out by your vet. It could be a Mast Cell tumor, a small firm, raised, hairless nodule often found about the head and neck.

I had a cat who developed several of them. Each time the nodule was removed with clean margins and biopsied. They can be benign or malignant. ( Fortunately hers were benign).

They can spread to other areas of the body and once they go internal, are more aggressive.

See your vet soon to get this checked out and most likely, removed/biopsied.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like a cyst to me. My cat had one on his forehead and it was harmless, although we got it removed when we could. He had his for a couple of years though and there was no itching, bleeding or pigmentation with it. If this nodule has just shown up on your cat's face, it should definitely be checked out by the vet.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@2kitties1gal
It never hurts, in my opinion, to take your kitty to the vet straightaway to check out that bump. You could have the vet biopsy it, just to make sure it isn't any bad form of cancer or even another type of issue which could cause long-term problems. I think my concern is that white cats, and cats with lots of white-haired areas, might be more prone to skin cancer related to sun exposure. The hair around the nose, whiskers, face, and ears is usually thinner on a cat than other parts of the body and that could place those areas at higher risk. Does your kitty hang out in sunbeams a lot?

Good luck! Keep us posted! :vibes: :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2kitties1gal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the advice. He is an indoor cat, but he does hang out on our balcony in the sun quite a bit. He's getting a bit older too, so we're going to get an appointment set up with the vet.

Sarsar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you ever find out what is it?? My kitty has the same exact thing