Moist tail

jisaacson214

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 3 year old Oriental Shorthair named Grembly has developed a new habit. She will lick the tip of her tail until it’s all moist. I took her to the vet & they said nothing appeared to be broken, there’s no dermatitis or dandruff, and she lets you touch her tail with no issue. No hair loss or skin irritation. The vet said Grembly might be licking her tail because shes bored and to try to engage her in play to divert her attention. Sometimes that works great, other times not so much Any advice on alternatives to distract her? I love her dearly but her moist tail is kinda gross.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 3 year old Oriental Shorthair named Grembly has developed a new habit. She will lick the tip of her tail until it’s all moist. I took her to the vet & they said nothing appeared to be broken, there’s no dermatitis or dandruff, and she lets you touch her tail with no issue. No hair loss or skin irritation. The vet said Grembly might be licking her tail because shes bored and to try to engage her in play to divert her attention. Sometimes that works great, other times not so much Any advice on alternatives to distract her? I love her dearly but her moist tail is kinda gross.
Cats can be pretty set in their ways. But maybe you can get her a blanket, a stuffed animal, or a kicker toy to redirect her tail licking. At least some of the time.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Playing with your cat can solve a lot of issues. Play with your cat