Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! Anyone have the mod cat litter box?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is nice! Was looking for a non stick one. How do you like it?

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is nice! Was looking for a non stick one. How do you like it?
I like it! I do use the liners, so I can't speak to how "non-stick" the box itself is. I do find that the litter I use (Tidy Cat Clumping Unscented) does stick a bit. However, I used to mix in a scoop or two of World's Best Litter into the Tidy Cat and it didn't stick when I did that. Just a heads up, I only buy the liners when they're having a sale (Black Friday or another sale). I do use them probably a bit beyond what they claim they will last for. I bought these because we adopted a 13 year old cat two years ago (now 15) and he is a VERY HIGH pee-er. Every covered box I used, he some how manage to get pee dripping out of the seam where the bottom and top connected. I got so tired of cleaning up pee every day, that I finally forked over the money for these. I do think the price is crazy, but I was losing my mind with all the pee I was cleaning up. I didn't buy them all at once. When I fully change them out, I wipe out the box with some litter box cleaner. They're easier to clean than the boxes I had before. I have 4 total. I end up changing the bags in the two that are most frequently used probably every 3 months. The boxes that don't get as frequently used can go a bit farther. Here's the set up I have:

1677007425950.png

The 4th box is in another part of the house. The small tables are IKEA children's tables. I have wheels on the bottom table and casters on the top table.

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is an awesome setup!!! Something I may have to consider. We have our boxes on the landing of the stairs and it does take up room. You have inspired me!

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is an awesome setup!!! Something I may have to consider. We have our boxes on the landing of the stairs and it does take up room. You have inspired me!
Thank you! I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with the idea/plan/execution all on my own!! I just used scrap wood we had and some L brackets. I did two light coats of varnish so I could wipe the steps off when needed. We use to have a set up in the coat closet, but I changed it out at some point for reasons I cannot remember. We have a small house and limited places to put the litter boxes. I got tired of sharing so much floor space with the cats in my craft room. One of our cats has arthritis and wasn't on any treatment at the time, so initially, I built the stairs for her as she had trouble jumping. I had previously been using a step stool for her, but I got tired of moving it every time I vacuumed in addition to the 50,000 other cat items I have to move off the floor when I vacuum. I only recently put the top box up there and it took them a month or so to even use that one. The top one is *almost* too high for me to scoop without a step stool. They use the bottom two the most. I used treats to teach them that they could climb up the stairs and back down easily. Here's a couple more photos if it helps (I just vacuumed up all the litter off the floor just for you. ;)). And yes, I do have motion sensor lights for the bottom two boxes (attached to the underside of the tables). 😂

1677009160074.png

1677009217163.png

PS. I would LOVE to see your set up if/when you do something like this.
PPS. The boxes slide out from under the tables perfectly without me needing to move the tables, as long as I remove the little step from the front first. I think it's actually supposed to face inwards, but the way I do it makes more sense to me for the cats.

Last edited:

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mac and Cats Mac and Cats hey! Can you please share the link to those end tables?

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Ended up getting the iPrimio stainless steel boxes

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Ended up getting the iPrimio stainless steel boxes
Glad you found something you like! I hope the tables work out for you too. Please don't forget to show me your set up afterwards!!! :heartshape:

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mac and Cats Mac and Cats ugh forgot to ask where you go those steps ?
Sorry, this may not be helpful to you, but I made them from scrap wood and L brackets that we had leftover from another project. I just cut them to a size I thought would be good and I used molly bolts to screw them into the wall. I lightly sanded them and did a light coat of varnish on each step so that I could wipe them down when needed. I have seen lots of other options on Amazon and Etsy though, if you're not into making them yourself!

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mac and Cats Mac and Cats nothing fancy but looks so good!
View attachment 444859
Looks great! Nothing wrong with not fancy! Those little tables are super helpful! Feels nice to get everything feeling a bit more organized. Do you have younger cats or older cats? If older, you might want to put a little step stool or solid box or something next to the side to help. That's what I had to do because one of our cats has trouble jumping. Glad you got your litter boxes all situated!

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oscar is 7 and beanie aka Ellie is 1 year

lunch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
mrw5641 mrw5641 how are you liking the iPrimio boxes so far? I've never seen stainless steel litter pans before, kinda intrigued :think: