Mochi 9 (almost 10) day spay update

DoodleStrudle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For a little recap: Mochi was spayed Friday Feb 26th she came home hyper and eating and drinking normal. Was fine for a bit but i was still worried about her spay because she was impossible to keep still and we couldnt use a cone as it just made her flail and smash into things. Her spay started to seem off to me but my mom just said she thought it looked fine.
Today is her 9th day almost 10th and my mom is finally going to get her checked in the morning.
My thoughts is, its either infected and a stitch inside has popped or is being rejected?
Or one of them has decided to surface but it just seems off to me.
maybe shes just healing and to us it looks off, it seems for the most part closed except the top may not be, and the stitch starting to show up doesn’t seem “exposed” but like its showing under the skin? Either way Im glad my mom is gonna listen to me and call in tomorrow about getting her checked.
While typing this we checked again, the stitch is now exposed and to me it still seems like it could be pus, hopefully she can get fixed up tomorrow and sent home with some antibiotics.
E0060974-61FD-405F-BFDF-DFF037B90182.jpeg
731A9ABC-BCB5-4C75-BF6A-5806A131EF13.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does look a little infected, but not bad and antibiotics should clear it right up. This is not something you could have prevented, it just happens. Other than that it looks very good. She might have healed up fine, but why take the chance. I get Hartz Delectable Lickables in the treat section, in the stew flavors to put the liquid antibiotic in, about a half of a pouch should work well and keep the rest in the fridge. Warm it very slightly when the net dose is due. Tuna juice works well too. Please keep us posted on how she is doing!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, definitely yellow pus.
Good your mom is taking her in to the Vet. And good you got your mom to call today...and get her seen asap. The sooner the better.
They will flush it, and give antibiotics...like di and bob ...said above.
I think you are right about the stitch affecting it.
So glad that you went with your instincts...and kept such a close eye on it. You're a great cat guardian.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

DoodleStrudle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It does look a little infected, but not bad and antibiotics should clear it right up. This is not something you could have prevented, it just happens. Other than that it looks very good. She might have healed up fine, but why take the chance. I get Hartz Delectable Lickables in the treat section, in the stew flavors to put the liquid antibiotic in, about a half of a pouch should work well and keep the rest in the fridge. Warm it very slightly when the net dose is due. Tuna juice works well too. Please keep us posted on how she is doing!
Yes, definitely yellow pus.
Good your mom is taking her in to the Vet. And good you got your mom to call today...and get her seen asap. The sooner the better.
They will flush it, and give antibiotics...like di and bob ...said above.
I think you are right about the stitch affecting it.
So glad that you went with your instincts...and kept such a close eye on it. You're a great cat guardian.
Mochi is back from the vet, she did have an infection, im pretty sure they cleaned it up some then gave her a 14 day antibiotic shot.They helped us get a cone on and shes finally settled with it. Shes basically wandering the house bumping things. Shes figured out how to eat and drink and is figuring out litter as i type. Sure is goofy walking with it but ill update in a few days if theres any improvements!
32EC78DE-6212-4B75-A217-9C0ACF77056E.jpeg
71E8AFD7-4F59-49C1-A73A-17D7453573B6.jpeg