Mixing Kitten Foods

stephen80549

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m curious if I can mix a high quality grain free dry kitten food with adult wet food? Just seems like there is more variety in the adult wet food, and I read that cats like a variety of tastes in their diet.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m curious if I can mix a high quality grain free dry kitten food with adult wet food? Just seems like there is more variety in the adult wet food, and I read that cats like a variety of tastes in their diet.
Best to stick to kitten only food for the first year. Adult cat food doesn't provide all the nutrition that growing kittens need.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephen80549

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your feedback. I sort of expected that answer and only want to do the best for them :-)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It IS ok to use "All Stages" wet food. Some brands offer that, although off hand I can't tell you which ones.

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes it is if it says kitten -cat
I have the same issue, most kitten food dry or wet is chicken based
Natural balance offers kitten - cat not sure which else

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my adult cats kitten food.when they were kittens adult food. There is not much difference so mixing is fine. I have never fed my cats dry because as they get older it is best they eat wet only and makes it harder to switch if given dry. Dry is much easier and cost less. So mixing is much better than only given dry. Wellness core chicken,turkey,and chicken liver is a good starter but expensive