Mixing flavors for baking

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to decide if my idea will taste good.
I have a whole bunch of frozen bananas that I want to make banana bread/loaf with. And my husband likes it when I add chocolate chips. I don't have many plain chocolate chips left in my pantry but I do have a package of coffee flavored chocolate chips. I was wondering, do you think banana bread with coffee flavored chocolate chips would taste good?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like bananas or anything containing them but I can't see why not. I'm sure the coffee flavor will be fairly subtle when mixed with everything else.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was wondering, do you think banana bread with coffee flavored chocolate chips would taste good?
Go for it! :thumbsup:

I'm with your DH, I also add semi-sweet chocolate chips to my banana bread but with the current stay-at-home order I've heard many chefs on tv recommend using what you have in your pantry. If you're not allergic to nuts and have them in your cupboard you could add that too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Those flavors will be fine. Enjoy! (You might want to add the chocolate chips first, then if you still need chips, use the coffee ones. Or, if you have any nuts on hand, use what chocolate chips you have and then replace the rest with the nuts. Or even raisins.)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will say that I don't really like banana bread dipped in coffee. But then the chips won't soak it like dipping will, they could be pretty good. Worth a try anyway!