Mixed eyes - colors interlaced

missatoms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I'm just curious what can cause the interlacing of eye colors in cats? To explain what I mean, below is a picture of my sister's cat Simon. I've searched all over the net and found no mention of this. Thanks.

Here is Simon:

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this information on the net!

Heterochromia - is a term used to describe variations in the color of the iris, the colored portion of the eye. 'Heterochromia' is also used to describe a multi-colored iris within the same eye, or two eyes with distinctly different colored irises. This condition can occur in cats and dogs. Vision is completely normal in these individuals and heterochromia is not considered a medical problem but rather a normal variation in eye color.

Hope that helped!

BTW, Beautiful kitty!

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow!!! What amazing eyes!! Gorgeous kitty
. I'd love to have eyes like that myself, can you imagine how much that would weird people out?

elizabeth a.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't think I can add anything as I'm not aware of any genetic information on this specific aspect of eye color. I agree....beautiful eyes!

buzzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"
Oh wow!!! What amazing eyes!! Gorgeous kitty . I'd love to have eyes like that myself, can you imagine how much that would weird people out?
"

Ditto! - I've never seen a cat with eyes like that, it really looks incredible!

Is this very rare?