Mites on a black cat

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Theirs been a outbreak of mites in the house spooky has been in my room but the mites do they go all over their body or do they stay by the ears ? And how do i tell on a black cat she will not sit still enough to let me check her ears or her fur and if im petting sammy who has them shes being treated can i pass them to her sorry for all these questions im. A worried mom

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ear mites stay in the ear. And you can always treat her for them, to be proactive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I also found bugs like inch long idk what they are their not on her but when we bath sammy they were all over her we put meds in both girls ears cookie is a indoor/outdoor cat so i know its not fleas nothing is hopping or biting

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Indoor-only cats get fleas, too. Fleas are bitty opportunists, and will happily hop on a pants leg if you walk through grass where they are, and ride inside with you. Just so you know to check for fleas regularly. AH, just read your post. Drops are more effective than collars, I've found...although collars are GREAT to throw in a vacuum cleaner bag (or attach around the filter for bagless vacs) when you're treating for fleas. Kills them in the vacuum so they don't get back out and breed.

As for those insects...I have no clue. But I'd want them gone, as well!

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh great welp im hoping she does not have them he sister is not allowed in my room until she is cured poor things are still itching i feel bad

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
And i dont have money to go buy drops to buys flea stuff due to covid

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You certainly aren't alone in that. Best of luck. BTW...plain, original blue Dawn dishsoap used as a shampoo will kill fleas, although giving a cat a bath can be...WWIII. Should you go this route, make sure the water isn't too warm. Cat feel heat like that more intensely than we do. Always start high on the neck and work back. Wash the face with a wash cloth, and use a flea comb to get rid of anyone who tries to make a break for the nose!

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
That means im gonna have to climb into the tub and this is gonna be so much fun im gonna die all i have is like ajax and pomolive and their citrus will that work im poor

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nope. NOTHING Citrus, and I wouldn't trust anything but Dawn. Walmart has a small bottle for just a couple of bucks.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WHEN you can manage it, try the Dawn. I understand tight funds very, very well indeed.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes i dont think she has it i did bath her that was a shitshow i tried my best to get her clean as i can as she climbed my body with her claws so im trying any tips ive tried the towel in the tub i use the cat shampoo and its like satan took over her body

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah. I don't even try to bathe Hekitty. The last time I tried to clip her nails myself, I had to go get stitches. She wasn't trying to hurt me, just to get away. She does not deal well with having the Royal Personage trifled with.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She get groomed by my friend i pay her for that but when shes very itchy i do it but i cant get her clean when she climbs me

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I don't even try to bathe Hekitty. The last time I tried to clip her nails myself, I had to go get stitches. She wasn't trying to hurt me, just to get away. She does not deal well with having the Royal Personage trifled with.
This girl is the devil incarcerated shes evil wakes me up at 4am to eat and has to mess with my feet shes not a normal shes a asshole sorry to say but she is idk where the hell i went wrong 🤣🤣

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They can get like that. The best thing to do is TOTALLY IGNORE HER, or at least pretend to, and it will take about three weeks of doing that every single time to fix it. Now, with Hek, when she wants to wake me up, she sticks her paw in my mouth and jerks on my cheek. I find that I cannot ignore that...I KNOW WHERE THAT PAW HAS BEEN!

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Shes got food for the night god forbid she doesnt eat shes playing fetch rn and shes fat as heck i want to return her to her other owner satan

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Its the claws and the endless amounts of playing fetch at 4 am for me theirs no such thing as sleep