Misty at petco

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes she loved the attention ๐Ÿ˜
A couple of months ago I was at petsmart. There were lots of dogs running thru the store. One couple had a large cat sitting quietly in a shopping cart as they pushed it up ad down the isles. The cat sat happily in the cart ignoring everyone and the dogs around it. It let me pet him...very nice.

I can only imaging trying to put my boys in a shopping cart and push them thru a store filled with dogs. Greg who be hissing and growling like the spawn of satan and arnold would be attacking any dog that came with in 10 feet. And no one would be petting them. We would probably be banned from the store........except I spend a ton of money there cause the boys eat so much........:lol:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Misty looks so happy and pretty! Have you considered taking her to a cat show? You can show her in the Household Pet (HHP) class in CFA or TICA. She seems like she would be a fun cat to show.

Here's a link to some information recently posted by GoldyCat GoldyCat about getting started showing in HHP:

There's actually a TICA show in Arcadia this coming weekend, but you would have to move quickly if you wanted to enter, as it looks like the closing date for entries is today. :) If you are interested, you could contact the entry clerk, tell them you are a new exhibitor and would like some help and advice. Or, you can just go visit and learn more about cat shows.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

James&Misty2019

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Misty looks completely comfortable and happy. :D I'm glad you're taking her on adventures.

How do you like the bungee leash? I'm thinking about getting one for Willow. All of a sudden the little stretchy leashes that came with her kitten harness look too flimsy.
I love the bungee leash is very nice and secure ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ

James&Misty2019

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A couple of months ago I was at petsmart. There were lots of dogs running thru the store. One couple had a large cat sitting quietly in a shopping cart as they pushed it up ad down the isles. The cat sat happily in the cart ignoring everyone and the dogs around it. It let me pet him...very nice.

I can only imaging trying to put my boys in a shopping cart and push them thru a store filled with dogs. Greg who be hissing and growling like the spawn of satan and arnold would be attacking any dog that came with in 10 feet. And no one would be petting them. We would probably be banned from the store........except I spend a ton of money there cause the boys eat so much........:lol:
๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ

James&Misty2019

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Misty looks so happy and pretty! Have you considered taking her to a cat show? You can show her in the Household Pet (HHP) class in CFA or TICA. She seems like she would be a fun cat to show.

Here's a link to some information recently posted by GoldyCat GoldyCat about getting started showing in HHP:
[/URL]

There's actually a TICA show in Arcadia this coming weekend, but you would have to move quickly if you wanted to enter, as it looks like the closing date for entries is today. :) If you are interested, you could contact the entry clerk, tell them you are a new exhibitor and would like some help and advice. Or, you can just go visit and learn more about cat shows.
[/URL]
Doesnโ€™t she need to be purebred to go ??๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ

James&Misty2019

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, she doesn't need to be purebred to go! The Household Pet class is open to any cat. She can win titles and awards in both CFA and TICA. It can be a lot of fun if your cat enjoys going on adventures and meeting new people!
Oh I will look into it๐Ÿ˜ธ

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I will look into it๐Ÿ˜ธ
Here are a couple of videos that may give you an idea of how cats are handled and judged in the Household Pet class. The cats get plenty of attention from each judge! Grooming and cleanliness are very important, especially for a longhaired cat; you will want to give your cat a nice "show bath" a few days before the show, clean her ears, clip her claws, and on the day of the show, continue to comb out the coat at the show as needed, so that it doesn't get clumpy. Misty's coat looks like it is in good condition in your picture, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get her groomed for a show... and if she enjoys going to Petco, she would probably have fun and do well! Feel free to ask questions, as there are several members here who are happy to give advice on showing :)