Missing Starla

cocoanlace

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Starla was seized by AC from an infamous Cat Rescue in Chatsworth, California. I fostered her soon after when I saw her at Casitas sharing a cage with a kitty she did not like. Starla didn't much care for my own cats, but she and I became the best of friends, and she slept on my pillow each night. Starla was the only cat I ever met that played with toys all by herself. She would toss a toy mouse into the air and then run and catch it before it landed. It was heart-tuggingly adorable. I made sure that Starla's life was so much better than how it must have started. In 2019, Starla was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer which progressed quickly. I lost her that September.
20190919_132918.jpg
I miss you, Star Star. Bunches and bunches.😞

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Know that everybody on TCS is here for you; You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. You gave Starla a wonderful life, and she knew how fortunate she was to have you. :hearthrob:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for letting her know what happiness and love was like! She sounds like a very personable cat, one with a huge personality. Know that the bond of love you developed with her will be with you forever, she will be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
Though it hurts so incredibly much when they leave us, they left behind so many wonderful memories and love in our hearts to comfort us when the longing becomes too much. She was in your life for a reason, you could feel the bond, and knew she was meant to be a part of your life's journey. To have never met her at all would be even a greater loss for your soul. She would never want you to be so sad because of her, just as you would not want that for her if you were the first to go. She loved life so very much, and lived through so much before she found you, she would want nothing but happiness and more love in the remainder of your own life.
My heart cries for your pain, I have always said that losing a loved one is like the ocean where all life began. Placid and calm and oh so beautiful one moment, lulling us into believing we are alright and safe from our own broken heart. Then WHAM! A tsunami of pain and anguish can drown you in a flood of tears.
It does get better, time has a way of dulling the sharp emotions we first have to endure. And though you will never avoid the pain in your heart when you think of her, eventually you will feel the "essence" that made her who she was around you, and know she will always be a part of you, of your life, because she is always a part of your soul.......RIP dear Starla. You will forever be missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave her a home and your heart when you took her from the shelter. Thank you for giving her a wonderful loving life. RIP beautiful Starla :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking care of her, who knows what her life would've been had you not taken her!!! You brought joy to her life and her to yours, she is fine now, just fine, and when you meet again she will thank you for what you did for her.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, she is fine now, God Bless.......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Starla, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Thank you for giving Starla everything she knew of joy and love! What a wonderful gift, and how she repaid that! Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you, and she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to you. It will never leave you, because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about you kitty she looked like a sweet lovely girl. My orange boy Tim also plays with his toys on his own, he also leaves them on my bed at night, maybe his way of giving me gifts.

That is why losing a pet is so painful as they each have their little personalities and quirks that make them one of a kind.

I love my cat so much I know I will be lost when that day comes. I believe that love doesn't die with our physical bodies and one day will be with all our loved ones pets included.

You should also take comfort in the wonderful life she had, you brought her home and gave her love, she also loved you back.

Once again my heart goes out to you