Missing Pragnant Cat

AsifMarazi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 years old pragnant cat is missing from last 24 hours...she is an indoor outdoor cat... Always stays in during the nights... she delivered her first litter on 20 April 2018...but got immediately pragnant again around a month and half after giving birth.... Untill yesterday she lived with her kittens in a small room...yesterday morning i felt change in her behaviour... She hissed at her kittens....and i felt she was looking for something...

Pertinently she has swollen belly...

I looked for her where i feel she could go... I am worried about her.... I love her so much...

One more thing... When she left my frontyard, hoping she will be back as she always do, i saw a male cat highly vocal in my neighbours yard...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes. She come into heat, and when she felt a fertile tom nearby, off she went.
Good you know the tom is nearby, thus hopefully she wont go far astray.
And hopefully she will return soon.

My recommendation is you spay her a week after she returns, so you are sure the heat is over.
She will be able to nurse the kittens anyway.

During the time, you must of course handfeed the kittens. Use goats milk or some good kmr, preferably KMR in powder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AsifMarazi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I saw her with the tom only one and half months after she delivered her first litter... She delivered on 21 April 2018...her belly is really swollen... I am sure she was pregnant again...

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really should be kept inside until you can spay her. As you see, this will keep happening over and over again and you will end up with dozens of cats all breeding with each other (they don't care if they are related!). Please stop letting her outside. It isn't fair to her well being to keep getting pregnant over and over again.