Missing my Little Lion

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night, my beloved three and a half year old cat, Little Lion, died of wet FIP. Her sickness just happened suddenly, a few weeks ago. This time last month she was feeling fine, but by the end of the month she was gravely ill. As sad as losing her is, I am at least glad she's not punishing anymore. Her last few days were tragic and depressing. She did not eat or drink any from Sunday to Wednesday, and seemed to be progressively uncomfortable. She gave me three and a half beautiful years, even though her time was cut short, in a tragic manner, I am so glad I had Little Lion. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter, more loving cat. From the early morning hugs she always wanted, to her following me and my grandfather everywhere, to her cleaning with its little tongue every day and waiting for us every time we got back, I could not have asked for a sweeter, more loving cat. Little Lion meant the world to me, she will always have a place in my heart.

Little Lion was found as a stray, only a few weeks old. She was barely old enough to have her eyes open. We think her mom might have gotten killed or hurt. We didn't think Little Lion was going to make it at first, as her eyes were infected, ears full of mites, and she was very skinny. We nursed her to health over the following months, into a happy, healthy kitten. It was during that time that she began to bond more with us. She went from being a little nervous and uncertain around us, to wanting to be with us 24/7. She was the best little friend I could have ever asked for.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a precious little girl! I know the pain of losing a little one to a horrible disease, the helplessness and feelings of anger and grief can be overwhelming at times. She was so lucky to have you in her life, to give her so much love and care that is definitely evident in your pictures. and I'm sure she gave you so much in return. She is at peace now, beyond pain and suffering, for that you can be grateful, but the emptiness her passing brings is a void that is hard to fill. Please try to remember that she would never want you to be so sad when thinking of her, she only wants happiness for the one she loves so very much, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. You found each other in this life, and one day your path on your life's journey will cross again, the bond you formed with that sweet girl will bring you love and comfort, it can never be taken from you because it is spiritual, and therefore eternal. You were so very fortunate to have had her in your life, even if for such a short time, it would have been a tragedy to have never known her at all. Use the legacy of love she left you, and when the time is right, pass on that legacy to another little one, or do good things in her name to honor that little girl and to remember what she meant to you.  

I cry for your pain, I share your sorrow. Please know we all care at this site and will support you in your time of grief. Take care......RIP beautiful Lion, those sparkling eyes and beautiful face will be dearly missed. Please send what comfort you can to the family that cries for your leaving, your gentle spirit lives on in the hearts that will hold you so tenderly for evermore.  May your journey to the Rainbow Bridge be swift, your spot in the sun be perfect. Sleep tight little Lion, there will never be another like you!      

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your sweet friend and at a young age....I also want to thank you and say God Bless you for taking her in years ago, had you done that she wouldn't have even had 3.5 years here, you did a wonderful thing. It is NEVER long enough that we have them, no matter how long, but 3.5 years is not a long time, but someone told me once "it is better to have a good short life than a long bad one", and I guess that is true, but we understand how awful you are felling now with this loss, but with time you can look back and smile at the memories, and hopefully find it in your heart to help another one (or more) in need of a good home.

I hope your heart heals a bit everyday, God Bless.....

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Little Lion was a truly majestic cat worthy of her name. Thank you for posting pictures of your sweet, sweet kitty. Everyone on TCS can now feel a tiny fraction of the love that you have for her. Thank you for taking her in and being such a loving and caring friend for her.

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of Little Lion. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult time. Little Lion is now in perfect health in a perfect place.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TML1991, I'm so sorry for your tragic loss!

It's clear to everybody how much you loved Little Lion, your immense love for her can be felt through the pics you took of her, and I think it was easy to love her so much, she was a sweetie. She was a beauty indeed, she reminds me of my Tom who died from wet FIP in Sep 2013. Tom was a ginger cat like your Little Lion.

I know what kind of misery that disease is, when the cat does nothing else that stare at nothing and they don't want to eat or drink. I had to syringe feed him during his last two or three weeks... That mortal disease tormented my Tom for 7 weeks.

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do to prevent or treat this infection and it's the most feared disease by all cat owners.

But you have been both lucky to having met each other and share 3 and half years of your lives. You did everything for her, from nursing in her prime to giving her a loving life filled with attentions and cuddles. What cat could be asking for more?

RIP Little Lion, you will never be forgotten.

msmamakat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful
I am moved and so sorry for your loss.
Words don't take the ache from your heart. I know.
Only time can lessen it.
But her spirit will remain as a burning ember for a long time.
Godspeed your healing process. T
You WILL see her again!
ps
I know where there is a beautiful, sweet baby that looks very similar to her who needs a home...

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your kind words. These last few days have been difficult, especially at night when I try to sleep, for two reasons, I find it hard to fall asleep because of racing thoughts, and she used to sleep beside me all the time. Not having her there is almost surreal. Little Lion was such a big part of my life. Being without her is hard to adjust to. This is also the first time in my life I haven't had a cat in the house with me since 2001.

javi3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so truly sorry for your loss of your little baby. I'm crying as I write this, my heart really goes out to you. I love the pictures, she really is a cute little beauty. RIP Little Lion, you will get to see your mom again. [emoji]128150[/emoji]

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, your Little Lion was a beautiful kitty full of expression.

Know she roaming free watching over you.  Please accept my thoughts and prayers while you mourn your sweet girl.

I lost my two babies last year and I truly know how heavy your heart is, as many of us here do.  

Be well and take good care of yourself.  

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i  feel  your  loss  i  just  now  had  to  have  my  baby  put  down  she  was  16  and  she  had  a  heart  mur  mur    she  was  sick  all  weekend  

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, for your loss. That emptiness when you know they have moved on to their next journey in overwhelming. She was a beautiful girl and you can tell she was so loved by her family. I know that your love for her helped her cross. You will always be loved Little Lion and never forgotten