Missing My Fluffy

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was reading the poem about the Rainbow Bridge last night and it made me think. once again of our dear cat Fluffy who died about 6 months ago. Fluffy was always an indoor/outdoor cat and a beautiful heathy girl. We got her from the local shelter where she had been rescued from a hard life on the streets. I walked in and it was love at first sight
I walked around looking at the other cats but kept returning to Fluffy ( she had been named 'Flora' by the staff at the shelter, but my daughter thought she looked like a 'Fluffy') She just kept rubbing herself against the door of the cage and purring as if to say "Take me home, and I will love you forever!" Well, Fluffy came home with us and brought us so much joy! Each time we brought a new kitten home, she became the dutiful mother and was never upset or jealous. She was a good companion for my kids, so tolerant if they were a little too rough. I remember how she used to come in my bedroom to wake me in the morning by nibbling my chin and kneading her paws on my chest. About six months ago, Fluffy was outside playing and decided to cross the street, something she rarely did, and was hit by a car. My husband ran outside to get her, but she was already gone. I cried all day, and the memory of it still brings tears to my eyes. I have gotten other kitties since but they can never replace Fluffy. She was the first cat my husband and I had and we still love and miss her badly. You can see a picture of her here ( at the bottom of the page)http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...id=25087292203 Thanks for listening .

P.S. My new kitties (except Onyx, who became very depressed at being kept inside as he was used to going out) are inside only cats- I have learned a hard lesson.

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Melissa, Fluffy was a beautiful girl!! Im so sorry for you love, I just lost my youngest baby due to liver and kidney failure... I had to have her put to sleep..... I have also lost a baby to the road, I know how hard it is....there is nothing you can do. Just remember all the good times you had with her and think of her now at the bridge with all the other furbabies there (including three of mine)all playing safe and happy - what a great place to be!

Love and hugs to you...

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MELISSA - Fluffy sure was 'fluffy' - you little girl picked a great name for her. It is a wonderful tribute to her love that you miss her as much today as 6 months ago.