Missing my ferals :(

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In a way, it is kind of a relief but I miss them.

We are moving in the next year so I have been looking for someone reliable to take over feeding the ferals (compared to the people who think they can just empty a bag of food and it will last a week)

The other day, I heard strange construction sounds, didnt think much of it, there is a condo building going in nearby and while its the opposite direction I just figured it was echoing between the apartment buildings but when I went to the store that night, the city have levelled the field where they usually come to eat.

I have checked and they are all staying where they usually spend their days, where there is a large colony. I know the caretaker well and she says they have been a little aggressive with the females over food (hers are not all speutered, mine are) but she often fed them in the day too so she is used to that and just feeds in two areas and stays near her usual ones.

But I kinda miss them, its nice not to have to worry about them and I am sure I will find myself plenty of strays and ferals when we move - at least they are in an area they are used to since they often spend days there

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of course you miss them - but it's got to be a HUGE relief to know they're going to be cared for! And with the leveling of that field - you're not in panic or scramble mode either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that is where I would have brought them even in scramble mode, that was how I got involved with them, helping TNR her cats. I just wish she would make more of an effort to TNR. She brings all the kittens to the shelter but she only TNRs them if she thinks they are friendly and the shelter TNRs them for her because they arent actually friendly enough for the shelter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, sorry about the situation... I don't get the TNRing them if they're friendly part. So if they're friendly they can't procreate - but if they're feral, they can?

Well, at least your gang will be cared for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the shelter would TNR all of them if she would catch them but she wont bring in the ones she doesnt believe are friendly enough because she worries they will be euthanised on testing or she doesnt like the vet or whatever other stupid excuse she has.

The ones she does bring (usually because she catches them with 4 wk old kittens) they do TNR unless they are friendly enough to stay in the shelter (most of them have not been, the colony has shown very little trust in the caretakers despite 8 years of feeding)