Missing my Coco

Cat1111

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I’m new to this site. I actually joined a few days ago because I was trying to find answers to a strange illness that was plaguing my cat. Unfortunately, I laid her to rest on Sunday which was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. She was barely 4 years old and I thought we would have much more time together. I am devastated, the grief is unbearable. I’ve attached pictures of my sweet girl. She used to love playing Monopoly with the family. These were some of the last pictures taken of her. I would give anything to have her back. Thank you for listening everyone.
- Catherine

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Coco, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Oh, my friend, it doesn't seem like a long enough time together, but...where there is love, an eternity would not be long enough. I am so sorry for your loss. We do not get over these things, we just...get through them, and learn to live with them. One of the things I've learned in a long life is that the joy of having and loving is so much greater than the pain of losing. There is not one soul in my life that I've lost that made me think, "This hurts, I wish I had never known them." No, I give thanks that I had the chance to know that soul, that love, and if pain is the price, I pay it gladly. That said, this is the deepest Truth I know...love never dies, it changes form, it is translated and purified, and continues on, still Love. And Love abides, always, forever, Love abides. Your Coco's Love walks beside you every day.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart aches for what you are going through, I too, know the dark depths of heartache. The price we all pay for love is pain because there is a price for everything and everything has its opposite. But like said above, knowing their sweet love and having them join us on our life's journey, even if only for a little while, is truly worth it to our soul. You are devastated right now, but time will help heal the huge hole in your heart, and time is truly the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief. The loss is SO great, the hurt SO painful, it truly feels like you are unable to go on. We are here to let you know that there is a life after death, that somehow you will eventually find strength through that pain and find a place in this world once again. she would like nothing more than for you to go forward into the future and seek life's happiness and love once again. Just like you would want for her if you were the first to go. Because that is love. You gave her what she wanted most in life, a home a wonderful family, and love. she thanks you and loves you all the more for that. She is at peace because she carries that love.
You could not let the suffering go on. Somehow you found the strength to release her from it. You will work through all the pain that brings.
She lives through you now, through your wonderful memories of happier times, she will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers because love is spiritual, so eternal.
i will keep you all in my thoughst and prayers, please know we are here anytime you need us......RIP dear Coco. you will always be remembered, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Luna's Liz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh Catherine,
I'm so, so sorry for your loss and that you had to go through making that decision. I'm sure your Coco knew how much she was loved every second and you gave her a wonderful life and home.
Losing a pet is devastating - I hope that in time you start to heal and have the comfort of all your wonderful memories of her. She is such a beautiful girl and the picture of her playing Monopoly really tugs the heartstrings.
We lost our cat Luna last week to a road accident - I cannot begin to describe the shock we feel and how much we loved her and miss her. She was only 1yr 8 months and it feels so cruel and unfair that she was given so little time. Like you, I thought we would have many, many more happy years with her.
She was such a lovely girl - very energetic and playful - she would always bring us feathers as a gift - I have a couple which I will treasure forever.
My heart goes out to you at this terrible time - you are in my thoughts ❤❤
Liz xx

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on losing your beautiful "house panther". She and her doggy buddy were so happy together. How is your pup handling the loss? Coco left this realm so young and that is very hard but no matter the age, there are different levels of loss. I do want to add an extra big thank-you for bringing Coco into a loving family - I rescue ferals and now have 5 black cats because no one else wanted a black kitty (they are 4 beautiful house panthers from the same trailer park so likely related and 1 older cat that I inherited from my friend who died - animal control from the next county over was able to place 3 others) so I feel that Coco was especially blessed.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Read your other post…definitely do not blame yourself; epilepsy & brain clots don’t always give you too much time to figure out a course of action. If anything you made her brief time on earth easier, more loved and less painful. Take the good that you brought each other and hold it very close to your heart. You are a kind person for adopting her: you did your utmost. Big hugs. This one I feel a lot…my sister suffers from grand mal seizures so understand your sense of helplessness and wanting to do something, anything. Knowledge is power and so maybe she gave you or taught you wisdom to help save a future kitty. She would want that.