Missing Mickey July 4 2001- July 8 2014

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone, My best friend and loved cat Mickey passed away on July 8 2014.It is now one week and I am still in tears.He was diagnosed with suspected colon cancer about a month ago.He had some good days.He was taking medication and still trying to eat and drink.He was still walking and jumping.He got weaker the day he passed.I stayed by his side as I feared the end was near.Mickey did pass naturally athome with me holding him in my arms.I kept telling him that I loved him and how much I would miss him.He looked at me and even let out a little meow.I feel that he under stood what I was saying and the meow meant that he loved me too.I do hope he knows how empty my life seems now without him.Mickey was always there for me and truly my best friend. There will never be another cat for me like my Mickey.He was truly special!!! Thank You All for just listening.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry.  It sounds like Mickey had the best passing he could have had--with you, knowing he was loved more than anything.  My deepest condolences.  RIP, sweet boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Betsygee Thank You for your condolences. It is very much appreciated. I tried my best to love Mickey and give him the best life possible.He will be missed forever.

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi,

Just wanted to send my love and condolences.  I know what you went thru as my cat also 14 yo passed about a month ago and still am not over it.    The story seemed very similar.   The week before she left us she looked as good as ever.   Then the vomiting started.   The hot weather didnt help as I have no AC only a small fan.    She got weaker and dehydrated every day until her heart gave out at the vet office.

My very first cat`s name was Mickey - got him when I was 6.   He was a silver tabby and I named him Mickey cause of the `M` they have on their forehead and also cause Mickey Mantle was so popular at the time.

I want to get another cat soon.   Just my personal situation is not great right now.

Best wishes my friend,

Z

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mickey and you were truly blessed to have thirteen wonderful years together, filled with love and devotion. I often pray for terminal cats to be able to die at home, it so seldom happens. And for Mickey to have you with him and for him to be in your arms was comforting even as it broke your heart to do so. A little piece of us dies too, and it takes a long time for a broken heart to heal. Please accept my sincere condolences, it's so hard to put into words what we know is almost impossible to express. Please don't feel alone, he will be forever a part of you, and I'm sure he'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. RIP beautiful Mickey!

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It almost brought a tear to my eye reading this. (I have a 19yo at home)

So sorry and my best wishes and condolences and love to you and Mickey. I agree that he had the best possible passing that could have happened.

Good vibes to you in the hopes that you will heal in time. Don't ever feel like you need to be in a rush to get 'over it' if you think it's been a while. Kitties are special! 

Anyway. Two cents and prayers in. <3 <3 <3 

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Zoneout Hi.Thank You so much for your condolences on the passing of my beloved Mickey.Your kind words mean so much at this time.I would also like to express my sincere condolences on the passing of your precious kitty.Cats come into our lives and they end up meaning so much to us.They become a major part of our lives.They are always there for us whenever we seem to need someone. I had other cats in the past but Mickey was truly special. I did love each and every one of my cats.I still do and I miss them all.However Mickey was there when I went through some rough times.He was even there when I lost my mom.Mickey helped me to survive.Mickey also had the M on his forehead.He was truly special and will be missed.I have no other pets at this time.I may get another cat one day even though they could never be Mickey.I would love the new cat for his or her own self.Again thanks for your kind words.Also I am very sorry for the loss of your cat.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Di and Bob Thank You for your condolences on the passing of my precious Mickey.I am happy that I had him in my life for all these years.He was truly a special cat and I miss him terribly. The pain seems almost unbearable. The only comfort I have is that he did pass at home with me where he felt safe and very much loved.He seemed to go so quick though after showing signs of sickness. He was always a healthy cat. You are so right.He took a huge piece of my heart with him when he passed.He will always have my heart and will always be missed.Again thank you for your kind words.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Thesighrye Thank You so much for your kind words on the passing of my Mickey.He was truly a special cat and will be missed forever. I am only comforted that he passed at home with him.I was by his side reassuring him of my love.I am sure that he felt safe and very much loved.I know that I will not get over his passing anytime soon.I still cry constantly. He took my heart with him and my love.Happy to hear that you have a 19 year old kitty.Continue to love him or her . Enjoy all your days with your precious kitty as each and every day we have with them is so very precious. Take Care.Hug your kitty for me and for Mickey too.

foodsanta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So so sorry for the pain you are going through. What a gift to be able to hold Mickey in your arms and express your love in the end. Heartbreaking but so special.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
F oodSanta
Hi.Thank You for your kind words.Yes it was heartbreaking watching my Mickey go and there was nothing I could do.I could only hold him and reassure him of my love.That is the only comfort I have now knowing that I was with him at the end and he felt safe .He was very much loved and will always be missed. Thanks again for your kind words.They are appreciated much more than you may realize.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.  Your post here is a beautiful tribute to Mickey.  I am thankful knowing there are people like you in the world who care. 

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Nurseangel
Hi.Thank You for your sympathies . Your kind words is most appreciated especially at this time. I tried my best to do a fitting tribute to my Mickey He was truly the best cat I could ever hope for.I only hope he thought I was the best also.I will love and miss him forever.He was and always will be my precious kitty.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry about the loss of your precious Mickey. We never get enough time with our beloved pets, and no matter how peaceful their end, they leave a void. RIP, Mickey. :rbheart:

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Jcat Thank You for your response and your kind words.You are so right..It is never enough time.It is now a little over two weeks and I still cry.My wonderful Mickey is gone and I miss him so much.The house is so so empty without him.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone. I haven't posted in awhile but wanted to update.I check on this site frequently and my heart goes out to each and every one of you.Believe me I know and understand the terrible pain.My precious Mickey passed about six weeks ago now and I still miss him terribly.I think about him constantly and talk to him as if he is still here.To me he will always be here.I did adopt another cat about one week ago.I was so so lonely without a cat to love, My home just didn't seem like a home anymore.I hope all of you can understand. I know this cat can never be my Mickey.I will always love and miss my Mickey.I will love this cat for himself and I will still love Mickey.My new cat is about one year old and a male.His name is Shadow and he is so friendly and loving.He has made my home a real home again.Mickey is and always will be in my heart but I can also love this cat.My heart is big enough.Thanks to all for listening and reading my post.I am truly sorry for everyone's loss.I know how you all feel.The pain one feels from losing their beloved pet and best friend is unbearable.Big hugs and love to you all.Take -Care!!

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi,  you said it perfectly.   There is an emptiness that I still feel and its been over 2 months since I lost my Precious.   There is a terrible pain and agony that we go through when losing a pet.   You know even as I walk around my neighborhood I see 2 or 3 different flyers pinned to almost every telephone pole of somebodies lost dog or cat.   My heart bleeds for them.   I know the pain after losing 2 cats that never came home when I was a young child.   The grief and wondering stuck with me for years.

I am glad you opened your heart up for another fury friend.    I wish you much peace and happiness.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Zoneout Thank You for responding. I do understand exactly how you feel. It is torture losing our beloved pets to an illness and it must feel even worse when they just disappear.My heart really feels for you as I can understand the loss you must feel of not knowing what happened to your loved cats.You were young though and I am sure that you and your family tried your very best to find them.Things happen and accidents do occurred and there is never no one to blame.It is always the good people that suffer.I have lost a few cats over the years due to illnesses.I still love and miss them all.However I can't seem to get over the loss of Mickey.He was my friendliest and most lovable cat.He got me through some rough times even the death of my mother.Mickey helped me to survive.I will always miss him.I can only hope the pain I feel will lessen as time goes on.My new cat Shadow is a great help.He is very friendly and loving.I already love him lots and he makes my house a home again.I will always love and miss Mickey.He was so special!! Thanks again for responding. Take Care and be gentle with yourself.All your cats were lucky to have you to love them and they loved you in return.

jodiethierry64

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Zoneout Thank You for responding. I do understand exactly how you feel. It is torture losing our beloved pets to an illness and it must feel even worse when they just disappear.My heart really feels for you as I can understand the loss you must feel of not knowing what happened to your loved cats.You were young though and I am sure that you and your family tried your very best to find them.Things happen and accidents do occurred and there is never no one to blame.It is always the good people that suffer.I have lost a few cats over the years due to illnesses.I still love and miss them all.However I can't seem to get over the loss of Mickey.He was my friendliest and most lovable cat.He got me through some rough times even the death of my mother.Mickey helped me to survive.I will always miss him.I can only hope the pain I feel will lessen as time goes on.My new cat Shadow is a great help.He is very friendly and loving.I already love him lots and he makes my house a home again.I will always love and miss Mickey.He was so special!! Thanks again for responding. Take Care and be gentle with yourself.All your cats were lucky to have you to love them and they loved you in return.
Dear LovingMickey,
I think it's always a great way to honor your beloved furbaby by adopting another. Mickey would of wanted that. You have so much love to give and to give another a loving home is a beautiful. I loss two of my beloved furbabies last year, 2 months apart. It was a rough year. Having my others to love and need me helped tremendous. My Girl was almost 18. She died in my arms, at home, the way she would of wanted. A lot of people don't get the bond we have with our furbabies. I had no one to talk to about my grief. I'm so glad you found this site. I wish I had last year. Mickey will be with you forever but the pain won't be as raw.
God bless you in your healing.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Jodie Thierry64 ,
Thank You so much for your kind words.They mean alot to me.Everyone on this site has been so kind.Yes this site has been great.I cane across it by accident when I was googling my cat's symptoms. Mickey got sick suddenly in June.He passed on July 8th of suspected colon cancer.He was a healthy cat his whole life.He was thirteen years old.He also passed at home naturally in my arms.I miss him so much and only hope he knows how much he was loved.I had him since he was six months old.He was my baby.I am so so sorry about your babies.I realize the pain you must have suffered and still do.Not many people do understand the deep love we have for our cat babies.Everyone here does.Yes it does help to have baby who needs us.It is what helps us go on.Shadow has helped me so much.I know he loves and needs me to care for him.He follows me around the house and that is where his name comes from.I do hope Mickey would understand. I will always love and miss him.Shadow is not a replacement and I hope Mickey would know that.Again I am sorry about the loss of your two cat babies and thanks for responding. It means alot to know that people care.