Missing Jojo this Christmas

Belemilus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
950A133B-0C4F-4571-A086-19229DF8374B.jpeg

Last year I had to put down my elderly cat Jojo. I miss those eyes so much. She was so skinny in the end but even on our last night she slept at my head and gave me so much love. Jojo this is my first Christmas without you and I miss the fur ball you were!
9A569661-6E3C-4B30-9340-615289D68C74.jpeg
125771CA-D111-4BBA-B27D-8E75F5271F3A.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I can feel your sadness. I am so sorry.

Grief takes time, and it gets worse during days like Christmas. Hang in there. I am sure Jojo would not want you to be sad.

She was a beauty.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of 'firsts' in that first year, the first birthday missed, first Christmas, all a reminder of the pain we try so hard to escape from. There is a quote from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, that says it far better than I, "The holiest of all holidays are those kept by ourselves in silence and apart; the secret anniversaries of the heart."
But like a broken bone, you have to tend to the pain, to the loss, because though time will mend the bone, as it heals all wounds even those of the heart, if it is not tended to it will mend bent and weak. Grief also needs proper treatment....understanding, patience, empathy, even if it seems you are the only person who is willing to offer those blessings to yourself. On these anniversaries, allow yourself to grieve. Go back and go through all the painful things you tried to avoid, to hide from. Face the pain head-on, and it will become less all-consuming as you begin to understand it, to include it as a part of your life. Then look forward, take stock on how far you have come. Congratulate yourself for getting out of bed in the mornings, when it seemed impossible, for learning a new life's order without someone who was part of life's daily structure. Know you will feel more confident, more whole when you become familiar with the pain and learn to live with it. As the pain of a broken heart eases over time, you will actually look forward to joining the world of the living, because you cannot sustain such pain forever. Count your blessings every day. The little things that bring you joy and comfort. The smallest things, even if it is waking up in the mornings. Allow those left in your life to bring you that joy once more too. They can help you through this just by being near and loving you. But it takes a lot of time, one day at a time......take care, and allow us to grieve with you., there is strength in numbers. You are not alone, and never will be......

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Jojo, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Oh, those eyes! They seem to look right into your soul, don't they? There's a cat who "knew things." This is what I know...love never dies, it changes form, translated and purified into Love, and continues on. Her Love for you is with you still, silent, unseen, but present. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh those eye's Jojo certainly had the look of love. I'm so sorry. The first Christmas without them is hard. I feel for you remember we are here and understand how you feel. :grouphug:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss of that beauty, I can see why you loved her so much.....she is fine now, just fine, but it hurts so bad I know, God Bless..... :alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart: