Missing fur on Luna's face. Help!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed that there was a spot of missing fur on Luna's face at her whiskers. It doesn't seem to bother her. She doesn't itch it. She doesn't seem to acknowledge it. At least not yet. It's not contagious because Midnight & Stella don't have it on their faces. 

I took pictures. This is the best I could get. Was hoping someone on here has seen this before & can tell me what it is, & what's causing it. Like I said it doesn't seem to be bothering her now, but I don't want to have it turn into something really bad later on.  Thanks

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you have other cats, as you indicated you do, she may have been scratched, formed a scab,  and then as it healed, the scab fell off.  She could also have done that scratching herself, if her nails are long.  Just watch it.  It should grow hair again soon, but if it gets bigger or stops looking so clean and pink and healthy, then get her checked by a vet.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes - I agree with above! Possibly it was a bit of a scab that has fallen off and you could potentially have never seen a scab in that area. I only notice these things once a "scab" has fallen off. The spot does not look red nor irritated and looks quite uneventful to me. Surely you will keep a watch on it. ;) :nod: I am sure you will soon see some hairs growing back. :wavey: :hugs:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not getting any worse. It still looks the same. It's not getting any better either. How long does it normally take for their fur to grow back in?

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it depends on the season.  My friend and I each have cats that were spayed several months ago and still have hardly any fur on their bellies at all!