missing fur on his stomach

jennifer durand

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just recently my cat started to loose a little patch of fur under his belly. Its no bigger than the size of my thumb. He lays on the floor where a hot water pipe runs through the floor. He's a 6 year old Siamese. Never lost his hair before. Should I call the vet?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would take him to the vet, it could be an allergy or something along the lines of ringworm. Both require some attention. When you find out, let us know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennifer durand

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks sandie, I will. I'll call first thing in the morning. I first notice the missing fur about 2 weeks ago.
Didn't know what to make of it.

Thanks, Jennifer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennifer durand

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, took Buka to the vet this morning. The doctor said that its not ring worm, but maybe an allergie to something. Gave him a shot and hopefully his fur will start to grow back in about 2 weeks. Other than that he's prefectly healthy. He gain 3lbs since last years visit. I think he's depressed since me and the hubby broke up 6 months ago. I'm trying to find him a girl friend. The cat not the hubby, the dirt bag already has one of those. Thanks again for all your help. I'm really glad I found this web site.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Well, I hope this works!

Let us know how he's doing!