Missing Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! Sounds like a long tough day. I've been checking the site hoping for good news from you. I'm so glad Festis is back home. I know you are scared and Monday seems like "forever" but stay strong. Thank you for posting the pics he looks so handsome and sweet. I have too have a black cat and they truly are something special. It looks like you brought him home? If so, spoil him rotten until Monday. Give him all the love. He's a fighter and he came home to you :) Sending positive thoughts your way.

no hes at the vet hes n critical condition im gonna go see him monday i hope his fever is broke and they can dot he surgery that day the longer he waits i think its gonna be worse for him

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Forgot...I was going to tell you they make a smaller collar that might make things a bit easier for Festis, my guy had to wear one after he had intenstinal surgery.

so weird we both have a black cat and both have to have intestine surgery the dog moved his intestines to otherside of his body that is why his belly was so is swollen they said thats what they feared was the problem doc said 50-70% survival chance after the surgery is done

idk that him being gone for 3 days is good or bad to the situation as they said he was extremely dehydrated which was also due to being 3 days with no food and water he did eat a lil bit when i first brought him home

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A coyote or a coydog probably got your cat, since you have woods surrounding your house. If you want to keep your cat safe, keep him inside. Please don't shoot dogs or spray them with pepper spray or cayenne pepper. That is animal cruelty. Please call the proper authorities and have them deal with it in a humane way.

again there are nobody out here that will do that i would have called them months back if this were the case the police themselves told me to shoot them that should show that i have no other option thats its completely out of my hands

it was indeed a dog a coyote would have killed him completely and they go in packs and u hear them at night we havent heard them since few months ago it

JT'w/3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no hes at the vet hes n critical condition im gonna go see him monday i hope his fever is broke and they can dot he surgery that day the longer he waits i think its gonna be worse for him
Sorry to hear the news that he's at the vet :( Hopefully tomorrow he'll be ready for the surgery. Glad you are going to go see him. Maybe you could bring an old shirt of yours so that he has something in his cage that smells like you? Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well they called me today he is fine it wasnt as bad as they thought it was just super swollen they thought it was his intestines that were moved and swollen but they still did the surgery today to make sure and had to do a small cut to make sure he was fine idk why.

but anyways hes fine and i can get him tomorrow they said they realized he was alot better when he peed and pooped yesterday and he shouldnt been able to with his messed up insides said hes very restless wants out of his cage bad cant wait to go get my boy tomorrow!! thanks so much for the positive responses i feel like a huge weight has been lifted

funny how i had a 300 dollar reward to find him and his vet bill ended up being right at 300

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's great news! He had a lucky escape this time. Please make sure he doesn't go out on his own again. I know it's unfair when other people don't keep their pets under control, but you don't want your boy to get hurt again.

Sending vibes for a speedy recovery.

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's great news! He had a lucky escape this time. Please make sure he doesn't go out on his own again. I know it's unfair when other people don't keep their pets under control, but you don't want your boy to get hurt again.

Sending vibes for a speedy recovery.

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

ohh trust me after that price had t pay hes in jail for life lol im gonna take him on walks once a day so he gets his exercise he was so out of shape when eh first started going out it was funny him walking 80 yards gassed him out lol

im gonna buy a small bb gun to shoot toe dogs on the butt when they come into yard form now on just to make sure they stay off my property to prevent this ever happening again if he somehow did escape nothing that will hurt them bad but like a bee sting that will make them second guess coming back

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have these motion-detector lawn sprinkler things that might work to keep the dogs away. Probably would also make your boy change his mind real fast if he did ever get out ;).

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad he is better. I have ignorant hillbilly neighbors too. They are the worst.

JT'w/3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow! $300 for everything they've done so far? That's unbelievable...an office visit alone here runs from $55 to 85 much less boarding, surgery, blood work, tests....

Try to focus on the positives...remember last week when you were upset not knowing "what" happened to him. You can't control the neighbors, but going forward you can control what happens to you and your boy. I think you mentioned you are renting but perhaps you can try and get creative on some type of fence/outdoor cat play area thats secure so he still gets fresh air but is safe. Perhaps another Thread would help get some ideas. Sending positive vibes to you and your boy for a quick recovery.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well they didnt have t do anything really just cut him open n saw it wasnt anything serious it would been 600 or more if it was bad but regardless id have found a way to get it

it would be very hard t put up a fence due to my house being right in the middle of 5 acres or so of land im gonn fix my window so he cant escape anymore it had cardboard to fill in a spot where my air conditioner is to small to fit thats only way he can escape

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't have to make a fence exactly. . .just make a cube of 2 x 4s screwed together and staple wire farm fencing to it. 10' x 10' is usually a good size (or I guess 8' x 8' or 12' x 12' if you don't want to have to cut the lumber). You can attach one side to the house with a window he can go out, or make it free-standing (but you'd have to carry him out there). You can keep the cost under a couple hundred---cheaper than the vet visit! And it's easily unscrewed for moving, if you use screws instead of nails.

But yes! Definitely fix your window before he gets home from the vet!

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
im gonna just take h
You don't have to make a fence exactly. . .just make a cube of 2 x 4s screwed together and staple wire farm fencing to it. 10' x 10' is usually a good size (or I guess 8' x 8' or 12' x 12' if you don't want to have to cut the lumber). You can attach one side to the house with a window he can go out, or make it free-standing (but you'd have to carry him out there). You can keep the cost under a couple hundred---cheaper than the vet visit! And it's easily unscrewed for moving, if you use screws instead of nails.

But yes! Definitely fix your window before he gets home from the vet!
im on walks from now on so when he comes back inside hes good n tired i dont ever want him out un supervised now

just brought him home he is doped up atm acting funny hiding under the cabnets something hes never done lol

his legs pretty swollen they said it will be awhile before he can jump and stuff so hopefully that makes him not wana go out as much

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
At least he is home, more or less in one piece! I'm so happy for BOTH of you!

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
im wondering they gave me liquid anti biotics for him told me to use it till its gone but hes suppose to take 1.25 ml every 12 hours that would takeme like 2 months to finish this bottle because 1.25 ml is like 7 liquid drops i thought anti biotics were only suppose to be used for no longer than 2 weeks

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wow another one of the cats i take care of got attacked today badly i just opened to door to feed him and hes bloodied up sneezing like crazy blood in his eyes fur all messed up these dogs are insane and the owners wont do anything about it im livid right now if i had a gun right now id shoot them

he came to my house a year ago hes pretty sweet but he tries to bully my cat so he doesnt stay inside much especially right now while my cat is healing up vets are closed today so i cant take him anywhere i do have cat anti biotics that could help him from infection of the attacks but noway could i open his mouth to give him

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you know there's wild dogs out there, the solution is to keep your cats inside! The police don't know anything about animals, so they are not going to help you. You need to call places that deal with animals- Animal Control, ASPCA, Humane Society, Rescues. Call the next town over, they probably service your area. Animal Control in my area is 30 minutes away, but they service the whole area. Keep trying. It's not the dog's fault, they need better owners that will train them. They don't deserve to die.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the stray neighborhood cat is injured worse than your cat was if he has blood in his eyes. I would try to get him to an emergency vet if possible...though they may need to put him out of his misery. If that isn't at all possible, then try the antibiotics today and be waiting at the vet's office with him tomorrow morning when they open the doors for business.

I would talk to the neighbors about the recent attacks (or write a letter to put on their door). Tell them that the police have instructed you to shoot the dogs if they leave their own property. Maybe just the threat will make them keep their dogs inside or at least confined to their property. I don't think I could ever shoot a dog, but I would sent a threat to the neighbors letting them know that is what the police said to do. It might work....or they just really don't give a flying crap about those animals.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im wondering they gave me liquid anti biotics for him told me to use it till its gone but hes suppose to take 1.25 ml every 12 hours that would takeme like 2 months to finish this bottle because 1.25 ml is like 7 liquid drops i thought anti biotics were only suppose to be used for no longer than 2 weeks
1.25 ml is 1/4 teaspoon, much more than 7 drops. A "drop" is usually .05 ml so there should be 25 drops in his dose. Did they mark the place on the syringe for you? If it's a 3ml syringe the dose should fill not quite half the syringe, if it's a 5ml syringe it should fill 1/4 of the syringe. I'm afraid you may not be giving enough. How big is the bottle they gave you?

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1.25 ml is 1/4 teaspoon, much more than 7 drops. A "drop" is usually .05 ml so there should be 25 drops in his dose. Did they mark the place on the syringe for you? If it's a 3ml syringe the dose should fill not quite half the syringe, if it's a 5ml syringe it should fill 1/4 of the syringe. I'm afraid you may not be giving enough. How big is the bottle they gave you?
its a small bottle prob has like 30 doses worth though i know its more than 7 but yeah prob around 20 or so im measuring it correctly just weird how the last type of anti biotics he needed like 10 ml worth