Missing Cat!

Destinymcamp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is about to be 3 years old. He loves going outside and playing but always comes in at night (and he knows he's supposed to come in and will wait at the front door). Yesterday evening around 6 he was playing in the front yard like normal, and when it became dark he wasn't waiting to come in like he always does. I searched everywhere! We live out in a wooded area so there's no traffic near us at all. I walked through the woods and called everywhere for him. He never leaves the front yard it seems like so I wouldn't see him wandering off. Is there any hope of him finding his way home? He's mt baby and I've been a wreck all day.

Rachel Warner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know it sounds silly but put his litter box outside on porch and a can of tuna .. Cats have the best noises and if he smells his spot the litter box and the tuna that usually works for me.. I hope this help sweety I know how you feel .. one time I had a cat missing for two months and one day he just showed up.. Then tryed this when I was worried and it worked every time ...

Rachel Warner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know it sounds silly but put his litter box outside on porch and a can of tuna .. Cats have the best noises and if he smells his spot the litter box and the tuna that usually works for me.. I hope this help sweety I know how you feel .. one time I had a cat missing for two months and one day he just showed up.. Then tryed this when I was worried and it worked every time ...
PS don't clean the litter box leave the poo in it so he gets a good smell of it...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinymcamp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PS don't clean the litter box leave the poo in it so he gets a good smell of it...
I'm going to try that!! The problem is the litter box has already been cleaned. Do you think that will still work?

Destinymcamp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good luck sweety

THANK YOU! I've been losing my mind all day trying to wrap my head around him not being there anymore. I feel like I've lost my child and I don't know how I'm going to get over it. Everyone here has assured me to give up because surely a coyote for him, but I'm not going to give up! Not just yet.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We have seen them come home over and over again, sometimes weeks later. It is WAY too soon to give up hope. There are so many threads on this board where people had given up, and their cat came back that I can't even count them. Coyotes are a worry, but don't count your boy out quite yet! Check outside when it's getting dark. Use a flashlight so you can spot eyeshine. You may find him hole up somewhere for some reason known only to him. But don't give up yet.

Thinking of you.

Rachel Warner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Never give up ever!!! Awww i do feel for you !!! I'll pray for your Kitty's return darling..

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am in an urban area but we have coyotes and foxes (our Nextdoor page has a coyote sighting thread and at least once a week someone spots them with a dog or cat). Link was always good about coming in but one day he didn't. He was gone for 4 days and then he came home dragging a broken leg. My sisters cat was missing for a month in a similar area (he came home skinny). He wasn't even coming home when she found him. He was meowing outside and was running away when she bolted outside and called him back.

It is way too early to give up. Keep calling. Keep looking. Keep asking around. I hope he comes home soon. :vibes:

Destinymcamp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That makes me feel so much better! I've put up since and called all the shelters. I've put his litter box outside because many told me that would help. Every night at dusk I go out and call for him for a little while hoping to lead him home. Tomorrow night will be 3 days, so I'm still hoping for the best. I just have to fight the thought of since he's gone something bad must have happened immediately. Thank you!! I think I just needed someone to tell me something that would prove everyone that's doubting wrong that he MUST have been gotten. And I needed a little reassurance. Lol.

Destinymcamp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just got back from putting out more lost cat posters... and it's POURING! Will this affect Jack making his way back home? I have his litter box and cat crate outside with his blanket where he used to sleep just in case he comes home in the rain. I've called for about 20 minutes this evening, and I'm planning on leaving tuna out tonight. Will he come out in the rain or will he hide till it ends? It's supposed to rain for the next 3 days and I don't want him to not be able to smell any of the things I've left out by then..