Missing cat, need some advice.

Rhina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
My indoor/outdoor cat disappeared two day ago when she simply didn't turn up for her morning meal. Sometimes it happens, she's a very curious cat and likes exploring, but she usually returns in a few hours, which did not happen. Calypso has been living with me for around half a decade, and the way she came to be my cat is that she simply turned up at my door in the middle of winter, demanded to be let inside and then stayed(in my heart). We thought she used to be a house cat, cause she looked well fed and familiar to being in a house, but she's also a ridiculously good hunter and never been in a fight with the many many cats that live in my neighbourhood. Spayed, healthy, calico cat.
My neighbourhood is one of those houses-only, mostly families, only fields around us, still full of building happening in places. There aren't even paved roads due to all the construction work(and the fields that need to be worked). We searched the entire area, checked every construction site, sent a mass whatsapp message to the people on our street to look for her. Since it's illegal to put up posters around, would it help if I left flyers in the other streets' mail boxes? I am a bit reluctant to do that, even if I'm not optimistic about her return, if I left flyers around and she did return, I wouldn't want to have people still think she was missing and run after her or trap her.
I just don't know how she could've disappeared. It happened most probably between 12 am and 7 am, since no one's seen her since then(we're a neighbourhood full of cats, everyone knows everyone's cats), there are some stray dogs around, but I would have woken up if there was a lot of barking or cats hissing, I'm used to checking in on these kinds of sounds. Apart from someone literally picking her up and leaving(which, again, middle of the night) or her getting stuck somewhere(checked everything), I have no idea what could've happened. She's lived here all of her life, handled herself with no problems even when we were gone for longer periods of time and she was by herself. She's never missed a full day, and she sleeps with me in the afternoon, like clockwork.
I also posted on social media and some groups, so I've got that covered. Apart from checking the neighbourhood again next week, and the flyers in people's mail boxes(?) I don't know what else I could do, since I have no idea how she just disappeared in thin air. I miss her a lot, and I'm a bit lost.
Thank you for any advice and my apologies for a long message!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely check with your local shelter in case she has shown up there. Leave a description. Social media is great for situations like this, ask them to share. since there is construction, she may have been taken home by one of the workers, or even crawled in a car or van that was open for tools and supplies. I have also had success with offering a modest reward to neighborhood children, they are everywhere and money keeps them looking!
I pray you find her......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rhina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to add, there are no local shelters for cats in my city. Thank you!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had one turn up safe and sound a full YEAR later! He, also, was indoor/outdoor.

Do call local vets and see if she might have been brought in by some good Samaritan. Also, some local radio stations have a free "lost and found" spot at least weekly. Check on that, and if there is, put in an ad. Is there an animal control, if not a shelter? Contact them. NextDoor.com gives you access to your immediate neighborhood, and can be great. And ALL of the above, from fionasmom fionasmom and di and bob di and bob , as well, of course!