Missing Cat-cleveland Ohio (west Park)

Kevin McEwen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i'm going to give all of the info i can. My 5 year old male cat has been missing for a day and i am getting worried. he usually doesn't leave for longer than a few hours. he has only left my house for this long once last year. i know there are possums around but i doubt they would have attacked. what scares me is the main street which is down the street from my house and the owl that lives in a tree right next door. hawks are rarely near my house. we found him as a stray when he was 6 months old. he is a very friendly cat- walked right up to me when i first met him and let me pet him even though i had no food with me. i love in a neighborhood with many houses and no open fields so i doubt coyotes would get him because i have never seen any or even heard any. there are many cats in the neighborhood including one right next door and they have gotten in fights before. he is not microchipped but he is neutered and it's very hot (high 80's-mid 90's) he needs water. i know cats can disappear for long periods of time but it's very uncharacteristic of him to leave for any longer than 5-6 hours. any suggestions on what to do or what you think may have happened will help. be honest, thanks.

matearss14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, Kevin!

I think your first steps should be sweeping your home, and the nearby area. Make sure your cat isn't just hiding right there somewhere in your home. They are very good at that. If you leave his favourite food outside, and check on it every once in a while if any of it is missing, he might just be right there.

Try asking your neighbours if they saw him, ask them if you can take a look on their yards, and ask them to keep an eye out for him. The more people looking, the better the chances of spotting him.

I wish you the best, and I hope your cat will find his way back home soon

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Kevin McEwen Kevin McEwen
I sure hope you found your cat. I had a scare a week ago. Tore my house apart and then went outside looking. Asked neighbors, looked around... I sat outside hoping I would spot him when my wife called out to me, he was in the house. Took me over a day to find out where he was hiding. He found a spot under the laundry room sink where he could squeeze through a small opening in the drywall and get into the wall.

If you have not I would take a photo to local vets and animal rescue places. You could check with local pet stores to see if they know of people local to you that rescue cats or feed strays. Maybe he got in a fight and someone felt he needed to be rescued? My grandmother fed strays and wouldn't hesitate to take an injured cat to a vet or the humane society.

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm going to give all of the info i can. My 5 year old male cat has been missing for a day and i am getting worried. he usually doesn't leave for longer than a few hours. he has only left my house for this long once last year. i know there are possums around but i doubt they would have attacked. what scares me is the main street which is down the street from my house and the owl that lives in a tree right next door. hawks are rarely near my house. we found him as a stray when he was 6 months old. he is a very friendly cat- walked right up to me when i first met him and let me pet him even though i had no food with me. i love in a neighborhood with many houses and no open fields so i doubt coyotes would get him because i have never seen any or even heard any. there are many cats in the neighborhood including one right next door and they have gotten in fights before. he is not microchipped but he is neutered and it's very hot (high 80's-mid 90's) he needs water. i know cats can disappear for long periods of time but it's very uncharacteristic of him to leave for any longer than 5-6 hours. any suggestions on what to do or what you think may have happened will help. be honest, thanks.

Hi Kevin, have you found your kitty? :crossfingers: :catrub: