Miss you Maple Maeve

MapleMaeve

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As posted in 'cats S.O.S' we've lost our little girl, Maple Maeve who was ripped from our lives a few days after she came into it. She had the feline panleukaemia virus and despite getting her the best care, along with her strength to fight the virus for a number of days it just wasn't enough in the end.

In her memory I've painted this image of Maple. The paw print in the image was taken by the vet after she passed.

IMG_20200105_080844_689.jpg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Maple, you have made us all sad. But I believe you are intended to be an angel from the very beginning. You have now regained your wings and I can imagine you soaring over the people who have loved and cared for you deeply, and will forever miss you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Distemper is a evil disease. As one who has lost kitten after kitten from it a few years ago, I know how heartbreaking it can be. We even had the vet come and vaccinate all the remaining little ones, and had intensive care for so many, but they still died despite everything. Some did survive, but have lasting effects, such as respiratory problems, even to this day......
My heart goes out to you. To lose such a beautiful little one after trying so hard is devastating. I pray you can find some comfort in knowing she needed someone like you to love her so much on her last days on this earth, it was meant to be. That she knew someone cared, someone loved her, was a great comfort to her, and she will take that love with her to help her rest in peace. I wish it could have been different, you all desereved so much better, but she did receive what she wanted the most in this world, a home and the love that comes with it.
Do not let this keep you from passing on her love to another little soul in need. To be remembered and loved enough to let that love grow, to pass it on in life, is one of this world's greatest honors. Do not let her love sit in a dark, cold, grieving herat. Let her love shine forth, brightening your lives once more through expanding it and letting it grow through the love of another. I know the pain is overwhelming right now, but time will help you learn to cope, and time is a healer of all wounds. Even for a broken heart....
Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go, so she wants for you. To seek joiy in life once more, to open your heart to it's wonders and live in happines to the best of your ablilties. That is what we all want for the ones we love, that IS love. Remember, "death cannot take that which never dies" and know what you shared with that sweet angel, no matter how briefly, will be will be with you for eternity. Take care of yourselves, hug those still with you, and take comfort in offering comfort of your own. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.......RIP dear, sweet Maple Maeve. you will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful portrait of that sweet angel- a fitting tribute to a fighting little warrior. That little girl made quit the impact on not only her loving family, but on this whole community as well- none of us will forget Maple Maeve.

Please take comfort from the fact that she knew only love in her last few days in this world- love from her wonderful family, the caring vet clinic, and from all of us here. She was called home sooner than any of us would have wanted but I have no doubt that you will see her again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MapleMaeve

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle. Maple Maeve, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

So very short a time...but where there is love, an eternity together is not enough. Though her life was short, because of you and your wife, it was filled with love. You fought for her, you fought beside her, and she left This Adventure for her Next Great Adventure with your love to guide her way.