Miss Gnat!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The boyfriend and I adopted a dog at the end of July. We had gone to a friend's house, he had a Chihuahua he offered us, but then his girlfriend changed her mind and fell in love with it. Since Colin (BF) was pushing for that dog, I told him he opened a door to getting a dog! :lol3: My ex-husband always said no to a dog, even though we had 1.5 acres of land, and I haven't had a dog since I was 12 and my 14 yr old German Shepherd Ulli passed away. I am more of a large-breed dog person, but for the apartment living situation we decided on a more small/medium breed. And so, we found Gnat (shelter name was Natalie, we named her Gnat because she is small, and can be annoying kind of like the bug :lol3: ) She gets along great with Nero, they play and I have videos of them doing so. Neko is more of a "can do without" and watches from the back of the couch. He did cuddle with her the other day though! Extreme progress for Neko! She's a red and white (aka 'liver') Boston Terrier and was an owner surrender at the shelter.

Without further adieu, introducing Gnat, G-Nat, Gnatty-bug, Gnatters:

First trip to Edisto Island, SC to go crabbing with us:

2nd trip to Edisto Island, SC ... discovered she loved water! I also have a cute video of her, but not sure if I can post YT links.

Cuddling with me:

Gnat & Neko on the couch:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
She's adorable! One of my kids really wants a dog, and if we ever get one, it's going to be small (and hopefully as adorable!)

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gnat is adorable! Congratulations on your new addition!

As I like to kid 
once you go terrier, you never go back!

I've always thought myself to be a large-breed dog kind of person. However, for whatever reason, I am constantly drawn to small dogs. And, when I moved out of my family's home and into my first apartment, it was a surprise to me that I wound up with a small dog rather than the big one I had always dreamed of. My first dog-of-my-own was a toy fox terrier. She'll be turning 7 at the end of October and I love her more and more each day. And, in the time that passed from when I first lived in my apartment, I adopted a jack russell/rat terrier named Mackenzie. She's 8 years old now and I just adore her. I just have the pair of dogs now, but I don't know if I will ever have a large-breed dog. Having these two little ones just may have changed my mind for good. Maybe I am a small-breed dog kind of person after all. And, maybe you are too!

Gnat really is a cutie. I think we'll definitely need to see more of her as time goes on. Congrats, again!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a dog person, but every week at the shelter I see dogs that are just fantastic animals and want nothing but a loving home.  If my lifestyle was different (home morning and evening every day), there are many I would like to bring home!

Gnat looks like a real find, I must say.